Author Topic: Fifth Dawn  (Read 7431 times)

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Dawn
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2004, 01:29:36 PM »
Like I said...I'll be heading that way, so that part isn't a problem. 7:30 was a little earlier than I was hoping, but that's fine as well.

The spoiler on mtgnews.com is still pretty shaky on the full outlay of commons, but I'll try to get an article done tonight to review the ones we know and go over everything I can come up with about Fifth Dawn Prerelease strategy.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2004, 02:53:39 AM »
I've got a new Prerelease Tactics article in the works. I'll try to get it out as soon as possible, but I've got to get some sleep. It'll be ready sometime tomorrow morning if I can manage that at all.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2004, 09:07:19 AM »
hey, the sooner the better. We're shy on articles right now.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2004, 10:43:21 AM »
Done. Isn't last-minute material great? Prerelease articles will always be like this, though...I can't get the necessary information any sooner.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2004, 11:32:58 AM »
is the prelease tomorrow? In which case I'll go ahead and run two articles today. Otherwise I'll run it Monday.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2004, 11:38:17 AM »
Yeah it's tomorrow. I'll try to get you something else for future updates. There's a pair of decks that have been bouncing around in my head for a while, and there'll be at least one or two Prerelease reports as well.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 11:39:04 AM by Prometheus »

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2004, 12:00:20 PM »
cool. I formatted and posted the prerelease article. Everyone's just so lucky they get two articles of TWG goodness today. Double dose! If I'd remembered the prerelease was tomorrow, I would have held off on the other article I ran. Oh well. Look forward to the rest of the articles!

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2004, 12:02:35 PM »
Thanks. Hehe, it feels funny giving people advice on tournament Magic, as I don't consider myself a tournament player at all, but I've small gotten prizes at every single Prerelease tournament I've gone to. Maybe that counts for something.

We'll see if I can keep that up tomorrow. Wish us luck.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »
*Cringes at the early arrival time*

Are you sure you want 7:30, Fell? We'll end up sitting with the tournament players again.  :P

On the other hand, if the 7:30 arrival time is due to your scheduling with your family, just ignore my whining.

Addition:

Alert for those trying to glean something useful out of my Prerelease Tactics article: www.mtgnews.com recently changed one of the black cards on their site, Fleshgrafter, to be common, which actually brings black up to par with the other colors on commons count. The problem that arises is that now their count of commons is one to many, and the impostor common is very likely in White. It won't make a huge difference in your game, but the article is faulty due to incomplete information in that respect at least.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 01:19:06 PM by Prometheus »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2004, 08:50:28 PM »
Despite that minor numbers glitch, I thought your article was great. I also know exactly what I want to open tomorrow--Energy Chamber is freakishly, insanely cool.

You're right about the tournament players thing. I don't mind getting there at 8, now that I think about it.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2004, 09:46:53 PM »
8 AM it is.

Hehe. Just think about a Constructed deck: 4 Energy Chambers & 4 Coretappers. And dare we say...4 Power Conduits? In an Arcbound deck?

What do you want to charge today?

As for me, I'll be happy with just a Serum Visions, really. Or maybe an Eternal Witness...something like that. If we're talking top pick, though, I think I'm looking for a Mephidross Vampire over anything else...not necessarily for the game, but for Constructed play later on. For the game itself, I want Skullcage. Nothing else you'll see more than once on the field will do that much damage to the enemy player's game.

Oh, I just checked the spoiler again, and Loxodon Stalwart was the unlucky card to get bumped up to uncommon, so don't count on those. Not that the current information is 100% either, but it's what we've got.

Bring some trades, as well. If nothing else, I might want to try and trade you for some stuff you've got. Trades, and a lunch. Those things run way too long.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 09:56:02 PM by Prometheus »

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2004, 11:20:48 AM »
I've almost got the Prerelease report done. I'll try to have it in for tomorrow morning.