Author Topic: Bartering Time  (Read 6049 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Bartering Time
« on: April 16, 2004, 01:28:02 PM »
Hey everyone.  I don't know how many of you uys play Magic the Gathering TCG but I am in need of a few cards.  Actually I am in want of a few cards to trade to my friend so he can give me a few cards I need...  But I am not old enough to buy things online.  If any of you happen to have one of the following cards I would be much obliged (and more than willing to trade for whatever I have of interest);

Meekstone (artifact)
Treva the Renewer (Invasion Dragon Legend; Blue, White and Green)
Draco (Artifact Dragon Legend)
Platinum Angel(Artifact Angel; Mirodin)

If anyone has one or more than one of these cards they are willing to trade I would be ever so happy.  Thanks.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Bartering Time
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 01:30:54 PM »
This topic should be in the CCG board.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 01:34:36 PM »
yes, it should.

BUt I do have a meekstone, I think. Possibly two. What sorts of fun legends do you have for trade?

I typically play blue, green and white when I play at all, which isn't often. (incidentally, this is why if I had a Treva, you wouldn't get it from me)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 02:36:12 PM »
Well, First off how do I go about moving to topic and second off tell me you want and I will see what I can do.  Or will just about any green/blue/white cards do it?
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 02:50:35 PM »
you wait for Tage to see it and do soemthing about it.

I don't have many preferences. I like cards that do cool things. By "cool" i don't necessarily mean "crush my enemies beneath my heals." I mean "Hey, that sounds like it'd make the game interesting." Often times, that means legends. Legends are kinda neat.

Basically, I'm not looking for specific cards. I play a lot of enchantments and life gain stuff (changing the nature of the game and prolonging it, basically). I play with a lot of land so expensive spells don't bother me.  Basically, find some of your "neat" or "cool" cards that you're willing to trade for it, and let me know the names. I'll look 'em up and see what I'm willing to do.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 03:27:14 PM »
I have a Platinum Angel that I would be willing to trade, and I'm likely to be interested in the same stuff SE is. So give us a list and we'll see what we like.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 04:15:43 PM »
okay, I will post a list of cards you may be interested in sometime tommorow, I need to look through them, so time is needed.  Just Blue/Green/White?  Or would you be interested in some fun red/black/artifact cards as well?
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 04:28:28 PM »
I think I've made ONE red deck, and it had a lot of blue too. Sort of a direct strike/counterspell combination. I think my only black deck ever involved shadow. I had only shadow. Nothing else. It got smacked around a lot, since in big games people saw it as an immediate threat (well it was, I could start hitting my opponents very early in the game while they had to wait to get cards they liked to hit each other). So other than making me the only targetable player in the early game, it was fun.

So I'm not particularly interested in black or red, myself. Plenty of burn spells, thanks (speaking of whcih, I have extra fireballs and disintegrates...)

Artifacts I can deal with, if they're cool enough. You'd think I could use more artifact since my big deck has a good chance of getting the wrong mana early, and artifacts would give me playable spells, but so far that hasn't typically been an issue. Any artifacts would fall under the same "cool" criteria I mentioned earlier.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2004, 03:30:08 AM »
I love every color equally. Well, at least when it comes to cool cards.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2004, 12:44:37 PM »
Okay, I did a grand total of 2 minuites searching (yay for me!) and went through a grand total of less than 40 cards, and forgot most of them...  :(... I should write these things down.  But I did run across some fun and/or rare artifacts, namely two;

Infinant Hourglass;  Add one counter to it per turn, effects all creatures in play, all creatures get +1/0 per counter on infanant hourglass, any player may remove a counter from infinant hourglasss at any time for three any color mana.  I believe it costs 4 to be put in play.  don't know what edition it is from.

Fountain of Youth; Costs 0 to put in play, tap two mana of any color(s) and tap Fountain of Youth, gain one life (hooray!).  The flipside to this is that it is an arabian nights card and hasn't been in print for many a year, so should be decently valuable at this point.

Oh, and if you guys have any "fun" or "crush my enemy with one swift stroke" cards laying around you are willing to trade I have an excess of cards and recources to look through if there is something else you could use... I am kinda very broke right now and can no longer afford (or haven't been for well over a year) to buy cards so I am more than happy to trade with anyone...

Oh, and kany dragons specifically would be much obliged or "fun and/or strong" bird types.  Anyway, I will spend some more time looking throug cards currently not in use for ya'll.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2004, 12:47:10 PM by GorgontheWonderCow »
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2004, 04:13:57 PM »
I can look. I have 5000-6000 cards, most of them at least a few years old. I would like to have a list, but you can see why I can't just sit down in an afternoon and type it up.

I have an Infinite Hourglass, and I've used it before. THat exactly the type of "cool" I was talking about. However, I don't need a second one.

I'll think about Fountain of Youth. I don't care that much about the monetary value of cards, and that's semi expensive in terms of casting cost for each application. However, that doesn't mean I don't think it's neat.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2004, 10:53:54 PM »
I consider the rarity of a card less for it's monetary value and more for its "it's not very likely someone else will have this card"  value.  But yeah, I could use a list, but my boxes are scattered, and I have like 5 decks to go through as well if I wanted to go through all of them it would take me at least a grand total of 10 hours, so I choose to take the lazy path...
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2004, 02:27:41 PM »
I've got something Fell wants.  ;)

Got any offers for the rats, Fell? I was talking with Jordan recently, and we thought of a card you might have, being somewhat Oddesey heavy. Breaking Point?

It doesn't have to be a rare, although I think the rats will be trading in the low-rare category just due to the nature of the card. If you don't have Breaking Point, suggest something. I'll likely take it.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2004, 03:46:07 PM »
I've got a Breaking Point, and I'm almost there...just kidding. Yes, I have one, though I might be reticent to trade it straight across for the rats. Maybe toss in some common like Lose Hope, and you've got a deal.

And while we're on the subject: everyone within the sound of my typing be advised that I am collecting Relentless Rats, and I need as many as I can get my hands on. If you happen to have any, let me know.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2004, 04:11:24 PM »
Sure I can get you Lose Hope or something. I've got one right here on the table next to me.

With the pair of Myr Matrices I picked up on Saturday, I'm in the market for Myr, myself. Myr Servitors (3) and Suntouched Myr (2). Myr Quadropod (2) as well, I guess. Wayfarer's Bauble too...lots of those. I wouldn't trade over common for those, but if there are other 5D commons people want, I've got a lot of Batons of Courage.

Fell, do you remember opening a Pentad Prism for me when we went through my boosters? I was certain you said I got one, but I'm not finding it now.

Is there anything other people are looking for specifically? It sounds like we'll be able to do at least a little trading next Saturday. (Off-topic: I'd be all for an Emperor game of Magic as well. Or any other kind, but Emperor sounds fun.) For tradeable Fifth Dawn rares, I picked up:

Silent Arbiter
2 Reversal of Fortune
2 Magma Giant
Rite of Passage
Auriok Champion
Beacon of Destruction
Tornado Elemental
Crucible of Worlds

Lots of other stuff from earlier sets as well, but those are most likely the hot items at least until Fifth Dawn releases for real.

Big 5D stuff I'm looking for:

Mephidross Vampire (Fell wants to make rats, I want to make Vampires)
Clearwater Goblet
Raksha Golden Cub
Summoner's Egg
Fist of Suns

Other things too, of course.

8th ed. Glorious Anthem
Soul Collector (Not Prerelease version)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 04:31:00 PM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster