Author Topic: Ninth Edition Voting  (Read 2210 times)

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
Ninth Edition Voting
« on: June 11, 2004, 06:35:54 PM »
The short version is that starting Monday, Wizards will be allowing the players to vote on selections of cards, art, and flavor text for Ninth Edition. The long version is here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/daily/af18

I'm sure we'll find things to talk about.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
Re: Ninth Edition Voting
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 02:39:41 PM »
OK, so the first Emperor Crocodile vs. Jade Leech vote wasn't the most exciting one I've ever seen. I went for Emperor Crocodile, and it swept Jade Leech. Hooray.

Blinding Angel vs Dawn Elemental is more interesting, though. I personally prefer angels over almost any creature type, but the Blinding Angel has never been on my favorite list in that cateogry. Dawn Elemental has a pretty cool power to go with it, but I'm unlikely to make a deck that could handle the WWWW casting cost, myself. Any thoughts?
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 07:28:03 PM »
No one else here appears to be interested in the voting, but this sketch we just voted in for Mahamoti Djinn is really neat. You can see it at:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/selecting9e/6

It's the bottom of the two sketches, done by Greg Staples.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 11:12:55 PM »
That is cool. Maybe now people will play with the Mahamoti Djinn.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 01:32:42 PM »
Depending on the final art, I'd almost consider it without really thinking much about the card's stats. As I recall though, they're not too bad...let's take a quick look...

A 5/6 flyer for 6...not bad at all. I'm guessing it's not really the sort of thing most blue mages push for, especially in a rare slot, but with the cool art, it might push it over the edge. It's not like a blue mage couldn't use a big flyer as plan B.