Author Topic: Article: Light Bright  (Read 1964 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Article: Light Bright
« on: August 10, 2004, 09:39:29 AM »
reference: http://www.timewastersguide.com/view.php?id=805

So, post your comments about Prom's new deck. SOunds cool to me, if only I had the money to spend to get the cards.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
Re: Article: Light Bright
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 01:32:40 PM »
Having any money for it at all is one thing, but I did try to point out that this one is somewhat cheap. I've been bashing around some other decklists and article ideas for a while now, but the level of communication on the CCG threads hasn't been encouraging. The last two threads or so I started on topics related to MtG that I found very interesting got zero replies...I've been considering adding 'Threadslayer' back to my forum name lately.

At any rate, I'd be open to a deckbuilding challenge. Maybe a budget deck article? Or someone could name a really awful card for me to build a deck around...that sounds like a fun experiment.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 01:33:25 PM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 02:44:02 PM »
either or. THey both sound like really interesting ideas.

But it really is my budget. I don't have any money to spend on hobbies. And even when I do, there's only one person around here that I play with, and he's a 90-minute drive away. I see him maybe once a month. He doesn't buy new cards either, so we're not very competitive. It's not like when I used to play with you guys all the time and I'd be working on my deck a lot.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 04:04:18 PM »
Good article. Energy Chamber is my favorite new card in a long, long time, and I find myself including it in nearly every deck I make.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 04:17:45 PM »
I like it a lot too, but in the actual working of this deck, it doesn't do as much as I'd hoped. Putting it into play on turn 2 isn't inspiring since there isn't anything to put counters on (Although putting down a Pentad Prism on the 2nd turn, followed immediately by a Energy Chamber is interesting. It'd use both the counters, but you'd have one more every turn.) and in the late game, the 1-2 counters it adds is just very small next to everything else that's going on in this deck.

On the other hand, the problem may be that I'm not finding many challengers in the arena of big creatures. At the speed these Sunburst creatures come out along with some Opaline Bracers, the Energy Chamber still does its job, but it gets lost in the mix a little bit.

A bad card challenge sounds more interesting than a budget deck, and it'd involve less checking websites to make sure that such-and-such common wasn't priced higher than normal. Anyone have a bad, bad rare they'd like me to take a shot at?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 04:19:24 PM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster