Author Topic: Hey Fell  (Read 15297 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Hey Fell
« on: September 09, 2003, 01:01:58 AM »
I finally sent in that Light Speed review. since I understand that both it and Timeline are short reviews, maybe you could post them both at once, even linking to them both in the same blurb

And on that note, Button Men ends up getting three reviews. One for the game (by Cheapass). one for the Button Men Online site (by a masochistic individual who programed it), and one for the Buttonlords expansion (By Green Knight, and the only one that we actually got sent material for). They could also be a one day thing. I was even going to do them all in one review, but it was too scattered. Just an FYI

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Hey Fell
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 05:11:24 PM »
Uh... with the "pending" review for Pendragon, you did get that right? Cuz I actually sent it BEFORE Book of Knights.... Just making sure.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 05:15:27 PM »
I do have it, but it's buried in the middle of the list. I assumed that it presented them to me in the order they were posted, and that you wanted them in this order; I guess not. I'll post Pendragon tomorrow.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 05:18:08 PM »
It doesn't really matter which order. I was just checking, because I assumed you posted them in order as well, so I got concerned. No hurry.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 01:29:51 PM »
Come to think of it, I'm not really sure what order the pending articles are displayed in. We have dates for submissions, but no timestamps, so if they're submitted on the same day I don't think we have a way to determine which came first.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 01:33:22 PM »
I posted Pendragon, but I want to change your score. It seems weird to me that you rave about what a great game it is, tell us that it captures the feel of King Arthur perfectly, give it an "unreserved recommendation," and then cut its score because players can't use it for things it wasn't intended for. The way I see it, if the game tries to be Arthur and ends up being a really really good Arthur, we shouldn't penalize it for not being D&D.

However, it's your review and I bow to your wishes. If you want to change the score, give me a new one; if you don't, I won't mess with it.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2003, 07:34:07 PM »
Actually, I wrote to Peter Corless (head of Green Knight) to let him know that reviews were going up, and told him that even after I submitted it, I was considering giving him a higher score. To be honest, the limited audience should only be cause for half a clock loss, maybe one at the most. So I think you're right, give it 5.5 clocks. Also, I think Book of Knights deserves half a clock more than I gave it. I don't know why I was being so tough, except that I am a tough grader all the time.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2003, 12:05:50 AM »
good reviews by the way...
Smashing!

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2003, 11:38:17 AM »
uh... fell, the villagers are revolting again. Entropy is going to come after me with a pitchfork and a torch if I don't get answers to some TWG related email soon...

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2003, 12:32:39 PM »
I'll do that anyway it should be noted, but in this case i'd actually have another reason for it, meaning more pain for SE.  :)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2003, 12:50:06 PM »
feh, keep that up and you get NOTHING!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2003, 05:27:34 PM »
Fell, i'm posting my review for Vikings this evening, and if no one has a problem, I'm gonna approve it in the morning. It's not an emergency, but I'd like this one to get up. I told some people I'd move fast on this, and I've actually been slow reading it. Plus, Avalanche promised they'd link to us when the review is published. Since they're getting a good one, this can only mean nice things.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2003, 10:12:43 PM »
Considering you (and me) cannot post blurbs on the main page, I don't see much value in doing it yourself.  I would just e-mail Fell with the request to post it tomorrow.  That way when you tell Avalanch they can find the article.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2003, 10:38:35 PM »
I can still point them to the link and let them know it will be linked from the front page though.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2003, 10:48:56 PM »
I'd still send him an e-mail, though.  Sometimes Fell won't notice that you've approved an article for several days.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.