Author Topic: Which is your fav computer game  (Read 11244 times)

wolverine_men

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • GeekSpeak
Re: Which is your fav computer game
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2003, 08:22:53 PM »
Has anyone played the new X-com game- honest opinions are welcome. I've heard that it's incredibly tough.
That reminds me- a lot of players have been complaining about the jump system in Tron2.0, which according to them is really hard to get a hang of. Maybe ppl are getting more used to playing kiddie games on consoles as opposed to games that require more than four buttons to play.
I got one visitor today.
http://www.geekspeak.netfirms.com

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2003, 08:59:39 PM »
Sorry wolverine_men, but that was just stupid. I've played TRON 2.0 (and loved it), and I understand why people would complain about it. Since there are 3 (or 4 depending on the way you look at it) different grades of the jump utility. Without it, you can't jump very high. And once you get that utility you can jump higher and higher with each upgrade. The only problem is getting used to how far and high you can jump with each difference. So there is some thought to how far and high you put yourself when jumping.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2003, 09:25:20 PM »
UFO:Aftermath isn't an X-Com game.  It started out being developed buy the X-Com crew but the game got droped by the developer and they left.  Then another game companie bought the rights to it and basicaly made it a different game.

Also becareful about flameing/bashing a system/consoles.  I have no tolerence for that, I will not let this forum become a flame war by people.  I've locked topics for this and I have no qualms about doing it again.  So you've been warned.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2003, 09:45:28 PM »
Whoa - where was the flame?
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2003, 09:57:48 PM »
WM's snide comment about consoles, that's where.  It realy erks me when someone does cheep shots against a console or system and this is my forum so I'll have none of it.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2003, 10:14:30 PM »
Seriously, I see no flame, or even a cheap shot.  If anything, it appears as though WM's comment was directed at people who aren't good at video games - not at the consoles.

Maybe ppl are getting more used to playing kiddie games on consoles as opposed to games that require more than four buttons to play.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

wolverine_men

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • GeekSpeak
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2003, 04:29:35 AM »
Spriggan my comments were not directed towards ppl who play console games. I like to play PS2 games myself. What I meant to say was that people who complain about the difficult jump system of Tron 2.0 are those who generally play simpler games that don't require a lot of keys to handle them. Nevertheless, I appologise for my remarks. You are the incharge here so do as you please- you can lock this topic if you so wish.
I got one visitor today.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2003, 07:28:46 AM »
Wigga Wigga!

On that sports movie style computer game, make the game sequences anime. So when they go into the game, you have anime versions of them doing the wierdosuper jumps and blasts of energy you get in anime. That would rule.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

wolverine_men

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • GeekSpeak
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2003, 07:52:01 AM »
Many of you must have played the game XIII. It uses a new cell shading technology. I tried my hands at the demo and was totally hooked from the word go. The graphics look quite amazing- just like being in a comic book. What I want to know is, does anyone know of another game that uses this technology(not the Jet Set Radio kind of cell shader technique)?
I got one visitor today.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2003, 12:17:54 PM »
Robotech. Which I still need to get. Not many games have gone this route since its apparently very difficult to pull off a cool game like this.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

wolverine_men

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • GeekSpeak
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2003, 09:25:36 PM »
I checked out some screenshots of Robotech at http://www.gamerstemple.com/vg/games/000248/000248s.asp
It looks quite good. I suppose the XBox version will have better graphics than the PS2 version.
I got one visitor today.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2003, 07:10:28 AM »
Anime...nice idea, Entropy! I see llooking at real footage to start, but switching to Anime style as they get into the game.  You could really give the avatars personality that way, and create a good dichotomy between the player and their nick.

Ok, this movie *has* to be made. I'll start writing a script sometime soon. Anyone want to help?
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2003, 07:33:54 AM »
I could act as a proofreader and feedback for you. Just throw each section my way as its finished. I'm stupid so don't really have anything to add, apart from a few character concepts. Avoiding geek stereotypes would be good.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2003, 07:40:52 AM »
Sports movie mold means sterotypes are necessary, but it doesn't mean the characters can't have individual personality, just they have to like spicy foods and drink lots of caffeine. (Sponsored Product Placement, of course!)

Don't expect anything soon. It took me about four years to write the first chapter of a novel I planned. I'm getting better though, since I wrote another first chapter in three months, and I'm halfway into two short stories I started only  a few months ago. But thanks for the offer.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

wolverine_men

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • GeekSpeak
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2003, 07:44:06 AM »
I'd like to direct the movie if you don't mind.
I got one visitor today.