Author Topic: Lineage 2  (Read 1303 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Lineage 2
« on: October 14, 2003, 04:39:32 AM »
accoriding to gamespot L2 broke records when it was relased on the first of this month with about 130,000 subscribers in 5 days.  That's about as many as some MMORPGs get after being out for almost a year.  So I'm downloading some gameplay movies from their site to see what all the hoopla is about.

Edit: this was in Korea, the US version comes out in febuary.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 05:28:42 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Lineage 2
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2003, 05:42:35 AM »
I have a friend who is (was?) in the beta for that. He said it was anime everquest. Also said Korean people were hard to talk to. Though he picked up a bunch of smileys they use apparently.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 05:48:32 AM »
He got in the Korean beta, ha that's cool.  Well the game looks great.  Some very good graphics (it uses the unreal 2 engine) and I like the charater designs.  I've read that it plays just like anyother MMORPG combat wise but that's to be expected.  There's a US beta test that's going to probaly start sometime in the next month, I'll apply.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2003, 01:16:23 PM »
They sent me Lineage 1 and it was fiendishly stupid--probably because it had four classes and pre-Diablo 2 graphics, and Dark Age of Camelot came out the same week. It was the most popular MMOG in Korea though, and that's saying something, so if they've jazzed it up for Lineage 2 it could possibly be pretty good. I wonder if I can get a copy.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2003, 06:10:15 PM »
Ya the first was horrible, but the second looks better (graphics wise) then any MMORPG on the market or comming out soon (including world of warcraft).  I'll keep the gameplay movies on my Laptop so you can watch them next time we get together if you want.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 09:14:31 PM »
thought I'd revive this thread since some of us are in the beta.  Me and Tage are in the Beta now, I know several of you applied as well and they're still going to be adding more people.  So if any other TWGers get on you know we're there.