Author Topic: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence  (Read 3502 times)

wolverine_men

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • GeekSpeak
Re: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2003, 02:23:11 PM »
My comment was directed towards SE's personal web site. But TWG is a great site too.
I got one visitor today.
http://www.geekspeak.netfirms.com

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2003, 02:38:34 PM »
I was just waiting to see who'd be first to misinterpret that. I'm glad Sprig didn't disappoint me.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2003, 03:28:21 PM »
 I aim to please
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2004, 08:41:25 AM »
Well I picked this tital up at the Ultamte Electronics sell that I mentioned in another thread.  And it's realy fun.  While the review WM wrote for us did a good job briefly expalining the game, there are so many good things to praise about this game.  First off the atsmophere is amazeing, both music wise (which is probaly the best VG music I've heard in a while) and scenery.  There's a lot of detail in things like paintings, statues and other stuff.  Konami did a good job adding a heavy christian theam to the artwork, and the paintings aren't blurry or fuzzy like you get with somegames.

The combat is realy fun if you like action/adventure games.  I've probaly only got a 10th (if that) of the weapon skills and it's more then most of these games give you.  Also there's a menu system that you use in real time (the reivew mentioned that the game didn't pause when you accesed it), but it works realy well and dosen't distract from the combat.

if you've got a PS2 and want a good action/adventure game this is a very good one. I've heard it's short (i've played it for about 2 hours and have a 17.4% discovery) so you might want to rent it.  Mr.P, I know you'd love this game.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 08:43:27 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2004, 04:31:03 PM »
 Mr.P, I know you'd love this game.

Yes, I bet I would.  I love Castlevania in all of its forms...I own the latest GBA title for it (Sweet, Sweet Gameboy Player) and am hunting down the other two which are OOP.  Maybe I'll borrow a friend's PS2 someday and check it out.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2004, 03:53:14 AM »
I am wondering after you beat it if the game has a lot of replay.  I still want to get this game, and I wouldn't care too much if it is short if there's also a lot of replay.  A short game doesn't bother me all that much, its more how long you can play it before its just boring and you don't care about it anymore.  Like Devil May Cry 2, that was a really fun game that is short.  It has decent replay value because if you beat it muliple times you can unlock different features like new characters and levels.  Then you have a game like Vagrant Story that has so many things you can do that you could play it through a dozen times and not achieve them all.  Then you have a game like Final Fantasy II that once you've beat it, there's really nothing left to do and its not even fun anymore (unless you play it like 10 years later, but that's almost more of nostalgia than actual enjoyment).
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

wolverine_men

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • GeekSpeak
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2004, 02:05:57 PM »
Dude, there's an entire soundtrack to be unlocked. The game also has a lot of hidden rooms and stuff. I'd suggest that you buy this title.
I got one visitor today.
http://www.geekspeak.netfirms.com

Sminja

• Level 10
  • I'm the productive one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2004, 12:39:34 AM »
The games only 30$ now, I don't know why...yeah, it's an ok game. To me, it got kind of repetitive, but it was really fun, especially once you get all the combos and spell orbs.
"Look, if we're gonna cooperate with anyone at a time like this, it might as well be that hot chick over there!"-Cliff, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time