Author Topic: City of Heroes  (Read 25231 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: City of Heroes
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2004, 11:12:56 AM »
You wanted more pictures? we got that.

I apologize if you don't like the single row of pictures. Working that code into a suitable table is MUCH less work than trying to make pictures in three different spots look presnetable.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 11:14:37 AM by SaintEhlers »

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2004, 11:17:11 AM »
Those "locations" you had to visit for the Task Force are those yellow poilce phone things you see everywhere that don't seem to do anything. They will show up as waypoints on your mission map.
Here's some of those pesky Tsoo. The blog mentioned Sorcerer hiding in the background.

Finally had a chance to check out some new stuff this weekend. While patrolling Steel Canyon for flying eyeballs and their portals I happend on a large group already engaged by several other heroes. What happened next was the stuff good times are made of. A gang of players fighting together and beating the snot out of their foes.  Ok so I was 3 lvls above the highest person in their group, but we are all on the same side, right? Once the aliens were defeated and their portal destroyed I gave a hearty well done and a rallying speech on how we all need to band together to stop this invasion. And then, like any good hero, I flew off to my next challenge.

Later I hit 20! :) Did both new costume (easy) and cape (moderate) missions. But what to do? Capt. Blaze is a high-tech hero of the future with a gadget laden battlesuit. Does he need another costume? Well, I'll be darned if I was going to give his current incarnation a cape!
So with visions of Sky Captain still in my head I created an alternate universe pulp style Capt. Blaze. And no, he's not jaundiced, that's his natural alien skin color.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 11:29:00 AM by Dex1138 »

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2004, 11:28:59 AM »
but it IS a smarmy grin. Congrats Dex!

those eyeballs are cool. Do the different color eyes denote different powers? Or are they merely cosmetic?

also, is that an innocent bystander I see in the battle scene?

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2004, 11:46:08 AM »
The eyeballs have different "ranks" like the other mobs. I think the color denotes minion, etc. My battles with them so far have been heated so I haven't had a chance to notice who was flinging what at me. They have long range (ie: out of your range) beam attacks and fling spikes at closer range. The other aliens are sorta their muscle.

Yeah those crazy citizens just stroll on by unless they're in immediate danger...

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2004, 09:24:43 PM »
So while talking to Cadamis, Tage's magic controller, I mentioned that if EUOL made a The Grey Knight character I would be forced to break down and cry.

Then he proposed a Sir Carl character from Fellfrosch.

And I cried anyway.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2004, 09:25:54 PM »
The really amusing thing about that battle scene is that you can see someone getting mugged in the background.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2004, 09:21:21 AM »
Man, how retarded is that?

So I got level 20, and did the two missions to get a new costume and a cape. Got a new costume, with more flesh and less silly colours. Then tried putting a cape on, and it looked great, except for one thing. SSG's long hair goes straight down, through the cape. So yeah, thats retarded. So much for 'waiting to get it right'.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2004, 12:10:16 PM »
new blog

Can't figure out why my formatting is all FUBAR. Maybe someone can fix it.

Anyway, I like the new costume. The Tron-like circuits are retro-chic. I don't really like the should pads or hair color though.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2004, 12:38:08 PM »
I agree about the hair. I really think the hair color, forearm blasters, and heels make UXB recognizable. Personally, I still really like going for a casual look with the new costume. White t-shirt, blue jeans, a backward cap on her head. I guess with a the jeans you could ditch the heels. See, I think since you already have a superhero outfit, you ought to get something that doesn't look so much like a superhero outfit.

On another note, I'm really getting into the game with Cadamis. I first made a tanker because I figured a tanker would be a good match-up for UXB, a blaster. After last night, though, it's obvious that the blaster/controller combo works extremely well. Plus I just like the controller more. Plus I've always had a soft spot for Cadamis. So despite Fell saying that it's hard to stick with your first or second character, I'm getting pretty attached to my second.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 12:38:24 PM by Tage »
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2004, 12:52:47 PM »
Heh. Fell, you are aware that you can modify your first costume without being level 20? You can modify costumes at any time, it just costs influence. As does the new costume. Level 20 just gives you a new slot. So if you ain't going to use that outfit any more, just modify it permanently. And it is very expensive - it was 12k for my level 20 character (i made level 21 today) for each segment - 12k for the cape, another 12k for the top, another for her trousers and then 4k for the head and hair. Expensive.

On the subject of capes, experimentation has revealed the following information. Long hair, a lot of the medium hair, and the first ponytail are all no-nos. They poke through the cape. Now, this might not be an issue for you since you are a flier, and the cape just says close to your back. But SSG is a superjumper, so the cape goes right above her head on her way earthbound. So long hair was poking right through and being very obvious about it. I ended up using a medium length hairstyle that has no pokey down bits to get around this, but UXB might not have to worry, depending on how the cape moves.

Capes are very cool btw - i found that when doing my swipe attack (where SSG does a baseball throwing move, only with claws) that the cape moves around as it should during that.

Fellfrosch

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2004, 02:17:37 PM »
If you're going to have a cape, then the casual jeans etc. look would not be so cool.  Personally, I like no-capeness, but if you're gonna have a cape, you've got to design around that.

Now if you're staying capeless, I think a nice pair of designer slacks - black - would look great with heels and your wife wouldn't complain.  And some kind of sleeveless collared top (black as well) to cover the torso.  Keep the bands on the arms, but make them black.  Keep the arm blasters like they are, and the hair like it is (long and blue.)  Add a pair of sunglasses.

I guess that would make her kind of matrix-looky, but it would look cool and be a bit more modest for the missus, I think.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 02:24:05 PM by Lieutenant_Kije »

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2004, 02:41:37 PM »
I vote no black. Goth, matrix. bleh.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2004, 06:43:58 PM »
He's actually made a casual version of UXB that I like a lot.  But he wants a cape.  And he's a dope.

Fell -- toss up a screenshot of the casual costume, and then we'll vote.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2004, 09:32:27 PM »
The costume I popped up there today was actually the one I like the least--I've got the casual one, a cool armored one, and a neat black one that, in retrospect, looks a lot like Nightwing. I was plannign to put those up tonight, and since you all seem rather interested I'll go ahead and do that. Tage is right--the casual one looks best. I don't know why I'm so attached to a cape, though, I guess I just want one because I can.

I tinkered around with a "little black dress" idea and ended up tossing it, but Kije's ideas sound pretty good so maybe I'll try again. I agree that her hair should stay blue, but I'm kind of sad that no one likes the shoulder pads--those are kind of cool.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 09:20:42 AM by Spriggan »

Fellfrosch