Author Topic: What are you looking forward to?  (Read 10811 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: What are you looking forward to?
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2004, 10:06:47 PM »

I'm starting a clan for RPG.net.  You're welcome to join.

on that note, todays PA

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20041108l.jpg
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2004, 10:25:06 PM »
Pleasington, I hate you. Some would call it envy, but I call it hate. I have to go to school tomorrow, and even if I didnt, I cant drive, so I couldnt get it tonight anyway. As for the offer to join your clan, that would be awesome if I played on XBOX Live, but I dont have it. Maybe someday.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2004, 11:44:11 PM »
If you have the connection its pretty easy to get a free 2 month trial in the package with all Live Enabled games.  So that should help if money is an issue.  If its your connection then there's no help for that...

MoreDew

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Fire up the woodchipper, it's punishment time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2004, 12:37:43 AM »
Dang, you're lucky.  My wife would kill me if I even thought of buying that game before Christmas.  It's a no win situation for me.  First she'll tell me to wait for christmas to see if I'll get the game, which I know for a fact that I will not get the game.  She doesn't like me playing video games because she feels like I ignore her (which may be true...)and second, when I try to buy the game after Christmas, she'll tell me that I can't buy it because we won't have any money because of the presents that we bought.

Moral of the story: Wives and video games don't mix.  Brothers, learn from my mistakes.
gimme a tattoo of a butt, with a butt-shaped tattoo, right on my butt!

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2004, 04:06:34 AM »
Well, Halo 2 is pretty awesome so far. Granted I'm only on the second stage, but you can tell Bungie learned from the feedback from the first game.  I'm pretty impressed, plus the opening sees the (extremely surprising) return of one of my favorite minor characters from last game.

Trying to play on Live tonight was tough.  Since only a handful of folks actually have the game, the wait for matching was long.  I did get in one game though, in which I took third.  Really awesome level design.

So, I'm impressed.  Let's hope it keeps up.  I'm not looking forward to the "ending" though.  That seems to be every reviewer's main complaint.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2004, 04:14:43 AM »
I've never been closer to actually buying an Xbox. Halo 2 and LotR: Third Age are so very, very tempting.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2004, 08:31:15 AM »
Dew, does she keep track of what you're playing? I've found that my wife can't identify most of the games I play. buy it, and then if by some weird chance you DO get it for Christmas, return the new copy.

ok, yeah, that's a little deceptive. But you gotta timewaste SOMEHOW.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2004, 08:42:26 AM »
Hehe, you've never met Dew's wife.  She's a computer programmer (at least that was what she was doing a while ago if my memory serves me), she knows the difference between games.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2004, 09:14:09 AM »
well... grovelling is always an option.

Rican

• Level 5
  • What the hell am I?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2004, 11:17:13 AM »
Don’t take offence to what I’m saying MorDew.  You wife need to chill out and take some thing.  I don’t care what it but something.  You are with her right now even after all that has happen you are with her and you still love her and she your wife.  It is a game and it’s your time to enjoy your alone time.  She needs to understand that you have your together time and then you have your alone time.  At least my woman gets that right now.  I have my time and she has her time.  I think I would go crazy more than I am if I had to spend 24-7 with my girl.  There only so much crap I can take.

MoreDew

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2004, 05:37:58 PM »
No, my wife doesn't understand my alone time.  She thinks that I am wasting my alone time by playing video games....uh, that's why I play!  I can't pull of playing a new game in front of her because she'll spot it right away and then get on my case about it.  If I ask her if I can play she'll ask, "so, what am I supposed to do while you're playing?"  Don't know, don't care.  Find a hobby.

Rican

• Level 5
  • What the hell am I?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2004, 06:15:54 PM »
HA HA HA. I would have said something along of the line of where my dinner or go read a book.

MoreDew

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2004, 06:18:16 PM »
yeah I could say "go fix my dinner" but then the shizzle would really hit the fan.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2004, 08:26:32 PM »
Wow, and she use to sit there and watch you play games.  You're right she needs a hobby, or you can try what Gabe did and ask her to play with you.

MoreDew

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2004, 10:37:19 PM »
yeah, she used to sit there and watch-- while we were engaged!  Once we were married, boy did that change.  I could ask her to play, but that would be futile because (1) she doesn't like the same games as I do, and (2) when we do play a game, she always accuses me of taking all the gold, or gaining all the experience or ruining the fun for her.  It's a no-win situation.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 10:38:03 PM by MoreDew »