Author Topic: Spike TV awards  (Read 1351 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Spike TV awards
« on: November 18, 2004, 02:07:28 AM »
http://www.spiketv.com/events/vga2004/

Gaming awards. Some right moronic choices - Halo 2 nominated for best graphics? Please. The best FPS section is just a joke, we all know the xbox fanatics will vote Halo 2 and the PC gamers will vote Half Life 2. The best military game section is interesting - I voted for Rome total war before I saw Dawn of War, which I might have chosen instead.

If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Spike TV awards
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 03:11:28 AM »
Spike TV's awards are centered at the same core audience that their TV shows are, Jocks and Horney college freshmen.  So ya, Halo 2 becasue of it's pupularity with "non-nerds" will win lots of awards.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Spike TV awards
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 04:43:18 AM »
I actually voted in this thing. I don't even play video games regularly, but I like the power of voting. I kind of followed the philosohy that if I had heard of it then I needed to vote for something else.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.