Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 23611 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2004, 10:05:14 AM »
Yep, I hopped in CoH when it was finished in the since I'm talking about, so was FFXI when I got it.  I'll check up with WoW every few months to see where it is because it hase lots of potential to be a great MMO.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2004, 07:14:44 PM »
I'd have to read through it again to be sure, but it looks like the Final Stress Test for World of Warcraft is only for FilePlanet subscribers and closed beta folks. The actually open beta should be following fairly soon though.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2004, 04:40:08 PM »
Alright. Now it's official. Blizzard posted on their own site that the release date is November 23rd. Spriggan's information was right after all.  ::)
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2004, 08:18:45 PM »
And you doubted me.... ;)
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2004, 07:03:04 AM »
Well Blizz announced that WoW will be $15 a month (well 14.99)!  That's pricey for a monthly payment and just furthers my theory (which I never posted but started to type up) about the philosphy of MMOPRGS and how theyre  all wayse realesed unfinished, kinda of "we;re sick of paying to develop this game, so if you want it to ever want us to finish it you have to pay our monthly salerys".  Of course this puts me off even more to WoW, and now there's no way I'm ever going to buy it until after the price drops below $10, which isn't going to happen for quite some time.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2004, 10:37:56 AM »
If it makes you feel better, Sprig, I wasn't doubting you specifically. I was doubting all rumors from any source since all rumors from any source to that date had proved incorrect.  ;D

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2004, 04:16:07 PM »
New information about racial traits is in. You should see the simultaneous whining and praising in the beta forums. Personally, I think that Blizzard did a great job, and the Shadowmeld I've been waiting for is here! Whee!

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/races/racial-bonuses.html

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2004, 08:27:40 PM »
Yay cannibalism! Everyone I kill is a health potion!
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2004, 02:06:55 AM »
It's about time, most of those are very nice though I see a lot of people will be complaneing about the Gnome's excape artist and the Tauren Warstomp.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2004, 04:21:18 AM »
The Open Beta has started, and in the notes it says that Plains running has been removed in favor of a Kodo riding beast for Tauren. That's way cool--now I want to be a Tauren.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2004, 04:24:57 AM »
I'm dissapointed in it, plainsrunning was one of the few unique things about WoW and Tauren.  It was just bugged so Blizz took the easy route and gave them a mount, it's sad WoW is so much a EQ clone now even lots of the fanboys on their forums are saying they're not going to buy it.  You'd think after 5 years MMOPRGS would actualy evolve from that format, it just proves that MMORPG developers are in it for the money not actualy trying to make a unique game.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2004, 09:07:20 AM »
If anyone else plays, I'm on server 8. NE Huntress named Atriel. Look me up.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2004, 12:08:26 PM »
Just because plainsrunning is unique doesn't really make it cool--I always thought it was sad that they didn't get a mount, and assumed that it was just because some lazy coders/artists didn't want to bother making them one. So I actually have the exact opposite opinion that you do regarding the Tauren mount.

Server 8? I'll look you up. I'll probably be undead, but I'll make a dwarf or something too.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2004, 12:21:53 PM »
Yeah. I'm currently running around ironforge. And taking great delight out of shooting leper gnomes, and having my bear (named Nyarlothep, of course) EAT THEM ALIVE.

I also have a range of undead, human, dwarf, and orc characters, but Atriel is the one i'm sticking with. :) We could even meet up if you were undead, but i'd have to kill you.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2004, 12:23:28 PM »
I'm dissapointed in it, plainsrunning was one of the few unique things about WoW and Tauren.  It was just bugged so Blizz took the easy route and gave them a mount, it's sad WoW is so much a EQ clone now even lots of the fanboys on their forums are saying they're not going to buy it.  You'd think after 5 years MMOPRGS would actualy evolve from that format, it just proves that MMORPG developers are in it for the money not actualy trying to make a unique game.

They're all in it for the money and always have been, always will be.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch