Author Topic: review: Dawn of War  (Read 2835 times)

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
Re: review: Dawn of War
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2005, 05:19:44 PM »
Actually, I'm out every weekend from now on, as I have book signings every saturday till 3:30pm, until April.  (And on Sundays I'm at church till 4:00pm).
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

MasterShake

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • U WANNA SHAKE I'LL TAKE IT TO YA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2005, 03:58:53 PM »
I can't find a good demo for this game so I can try it out.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2005, 04:46:46 PM »
That's nice.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2005, 11:58:15 PM »
Try fileplanet, or Filefront. Google search for them, I know the DoW demo is on both. No registration needed for Filefront.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 02:32:43 PM »
An expansion announced: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/warhammer40000dawnofwarwinterassault/news_6118560.html

I wish I cared more, but...only one new race, and it's the Imperial Guard? The single player campaign was boring and I couldn't get into the multiplayer much. Bringing in Tyranids or Tau or, dare I dream, the Dark Eldar would get me interested, but as it is I'm just kind of apathetic.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 07:14:52 PM »
Hum... that will disappoint the His Imperial Might mod team - they already have the IG ingame.

The two best looking mods are the Tau and the Necrons incidentially.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 07:38:43 PM »
Ooh, I'd forgotten about Necrons.

You know what I'd really like to see is an RTS of Warhammer Fantasy. Done right, that could be an incredible franchise that they could keep expanding for years.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 07:50:57 PM »
I keep thinking that I want to mod Rome Total War to have warhammer fantasy armies and even to change the campaign to the warhammer world. But its an assload of work (putting in magic would be hard, as would independant characters) and I can't mod.

Nobody has a 'warhammer fantasy video game' rights - there are rights to individual games scattered around, but no monopoly rights like THQ with warhammer 40k.

Fellfrosch

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 02:38:35 AM »
Ooh, I'd forgotten about Necrons.

You know what I'd really like to see is an RTS of Warhammer Fantasy. Done right, that could be an incredible franchise that they could keep expanding for years.

I thought Dark Omen was pretty good.  Not a perfect WFB adaptation, but certainly a good one.  And more importantly, a fun one.

I was just so dang hard!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 08:56:39 AM »
It was hard mainly because the battle depended largely on how you deployed. The enemy would attack from certain directions, and if you didn't have units there, you lost. So it was often a case of losing the battle just so you could find out where to deploy the second time.

Fellfrosch