Author Topic: Awesome Nintendo 64 Games  (Read 1330 times)

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
Awesome Nintendo 64 Games
« on: March 28, 2005, 08:54:02 AM »
Right, so instead of playing my shiny Gamecube, which I've hardly played sine I bought it anyway, I dug out my 64 and started playing that.  (and certainly didn't augment that by downloading Roms and playing them as well, especially since my controllers are all stuffed. Since that would be illegal and stuff, and I would never think of doing that.)

Goldeneye - Yeah, a classic. You should all go and play Facility again, right now, so you remember how fun it is.

Jet Force Gemini - Old School style Turbocharged shooting! Really fun, though I don't remember the graphics being that blurry. Still, rainbow blood is always good.

Mario Kart 64 - I can't believe how fun this game still is. And I can't believe I've completely lost my skills at it, though I attribute that to a stuffed control stick.

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - See my review on TWG. I love this game, and I'd still rather play it than 90% of new crap. I mean, c'mon, the Villain Spring Breeze Dancin' is good enough to be worth the price itself. (I got it for ten bucks)

Hybrid Heaven - Extremely fun in short bursts, and I'm addicted again. Very nice combat system, though it would be nicer if it were expanded to allow multiple opponents.

Mischief Makers - Finished it today. I love 2D games. I always will - Video Games have the 2D nature, and trying to force them into three dimensions typically does not work, as it goes againts their nature. Anyway, I lvoe the graphics, since they're SNES style with 3D bits. And I wish the SNES had graphics that good. Plus you're unarmed and fight by grabbing and throwing enemies and their weapons.

Harvest Moon 64 - Probably one of my favourite ever games. Farming/dating sim that has such cool characters and graphics and story I can't help but love it. It's not a game about violence or drugs or media baiting or any extreme sports or other GTA3 era things. It's a game about fun, and there is love put into making it. It's so good I rarely play it - I'm almost scared to. I don't want any more exposure to the game in case it taints my memories of it. Plus Karen is hot.

Paper Mario - Another cool, semi 2D game with a really nice graphical style. THIS is what we should use powerful modern graphics for, not more photo realistic stuff. I don't want games that all look the same as real life and each other, I want styleised graphics. Plus, it's neat to see a consistant world based around the Mario Universe, with Minor characters who are chatty, have personality, and you care about.

Ride Racer 64 - That's fun. Nice cornering engine, and really impressive graphics.  I like it just for powersliding around the courses at high speed. And the Pac Man car.

Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Re: Awesome Nintendo 64 Games
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 11:10:46 AM »
You should find Mischief Makers. That's all I'll say on that.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Onion of Death

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Nintendo 64 Games
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 11:33:18 AM »
I really liked the Ogre Battle game that they made for it. It took forever, but I'm a sucker for strategy RPGs.
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.