Author Topic: Devil May Cry 3  (Read 3340 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Devil May Cry 3
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2005, 03:21:20 PM »
Todays PA talks about how hard it is.  Tycho wrote:

I've been playing games with Gabriel for, oh, I'm going to say eleven years now - and not until Devil May Cry 3 have I seen him raise the controller back and hurl it across the room.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 06:45:44 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one finding it hard.  Plus there is Hard mode and Dante Must Die mode if you want a real challege.

You can have 2 guns and 2 melee weapons fast-equiped.  Then you can change instantly between your alternate weapons, giving you tons of possible combos.  This also makes the shotgun a bit more attractive, especially if using the Gunslinger style.  You can use Ebony & Ivory, then switch over to the shotgun for a few power shots, then back to dual-wielding handguns.  Shotgun also seems to have a knockback effect.

I still don't have the electric guitar weapon, that one looks fun.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

MoreDew

• Level 6
  • Fire up the woodchipper, it's punishment time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2005, 04:35:22 PM »
Is this only out for PS2?  If so, does anyone know if it's coming out on xbox?

I absolutely loved the first one and hated the second one.  I hope this one makes up for the second.
gimme a tattoo of a butt, with a butt-shaped tattoo, right on my butt!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2005, 04:47:17 PM »
No plans for the Xbox, Capcom hasn't relesaed very many games for the system and none have been in this series.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2005, 05:16:56 PM »
Only took me like 12 hours, but I finally got halfway through the game and picked up the electic guitar.  This weapon is awesome.  When you first hit attack, you whirl it off your back to get ready to play.  This hits anyone nearby with the blades on it.  If you move or anything, it goes on your back, so you have to stand still.  Then you hit attack and start playing, this summons a swarm of bats, up to 4 swarms depending on how long you play, then release and they attack whatever you are targeting.

If you tap attack and push a certain direction, you will fall to your knees and start jaming out in a tornado of lightning and huge swarms of bats, taking down anything inside the radius.

You can get tons of powerups for this.  One is called something like amp up the volume, it lets you summon bat swarms faster.  Another lets you do a move similar to the Stinger (knockdown move), and another lets you do a move similar to high time (juggling move).. you can get level 2 on both of those, which lets you strum some cords afterwords, summoning bats and lighting to do additional damage.  Finally, you can get Air Raid, and if you've played DMC 1, then you know what this is about.  Turn into a flying devil and launch lighting bolts from your fingertips.

Swordmaster levels give additional moves.  If you are level 1 swordmaster, then you can swing around the guitar like an axe.  2nd level gives you this whirlwind type attack, you spin around and hit everything around you with lighting and your guitar blades.  3rd level lets you distort your guitar for a super-powered ranged attack.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 05:20:57 PM by Eagle_Prince »
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

MasterShake

• Level 4
  • U WANNA SHAKE I'LL TAKE IT TO YA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2005, 02:23:19 PM »
I just beat it and I was wondering why at the end does your bother do pretty much nothing to help you fight hte final boss he just does a few hits but that does not damage.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2005, 02:39:08 PM »
probably so you'd have to work harder.

mulchNator

• Level 4
  • "Let's get the hell out of here"  Army of Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2005, 01:49:19 PM »
This game looks like it is crazy fun.  I never did play the second one, just the first one.  Had tons of fun on it just never got into the second one.  Kind of like MoreDew, I basically just watched him play it and that was good enough for me.  This third part looks to make up for what was lost in the second one!