Author Topic: Theme events  (Read 29994 times)

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: Theme events
« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2004, 12:45:45 AM »
Yeah, you can't always get everyone, no big deal.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #226 on: June 03, 2004, 12:49:48 AM »
Well I like to come up with things that lots of people have an intrest in that's why we discuss possible theme's on the boards.  It's allwayse good to know what people like and don't like.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #227 on: June 03, 2004, 12:54:59 AM »
I think cyberpunk is a good idea, now that I have a better grasp of what is meant by the term.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #228 on: June 03, 2004, 01:30:40 AM »
If you choose Cyberpunk, you will get about 20 articles form me most likely. I'm a huge fan of the genre/movement. I could even write an article about the movement itself, I have a clue.

Actually, I have holidays soon, so now would be a good time to do it. I;'ll have time to write everything I want.

I've already reviewed Neuromancer.
But I could do: Schismatrix (But I'll let Entropy, sicne he wants to) Snow Crash, I already did distraction, Software, Maybe transmetropolitan (If you want to allow comic reviews, since this rules). I should have the cp2020 rpg by then. I also know a few cool free RPGs with the theme.

In the realm of VG, Deus Ex is old news, but I might be able to dig up something more modern. Big Maybe though.

Have we reviewed Blade Runner? Akira? The very post-cyberpunk Lain? I'm sure we have Matrix reviews we can look back on.

And that's off the top of my head. CD review of Billy Idol's Cyberpunk, maybe.

PLus I can pull out a lot of non-reviewage myself.

Feel free to choose Cyberpunk is you want to overwork me and make up for my lack of articles for WW2, basically.

BTW, anyone not quite sure of the term, I'd recommend the alt.cyberpunk faq. Then read some of alt.cyberpunk.chatsubo to keep up with the latest on the post-cyberpunk movement.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #229 on: June 03, 2004, 01:45:06 AM »
I suggest, not for a TWG theme, but for a Forum theme that June 11th (Sprig's birthday) be named the first official "TWG Spriggan Spelling Day."  

That's a week from Friday, folks.  Start honing your powers of miss-spelling!  Posts without at least one blatant spelling error will be mocked relentlessly!
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #230 on: June 03, 2004, 08:57:26 AM »
About all I could do for Cyberpunk is a reveiw of the Animatrix and how dissapointing it was.  There were a few realy good shorts mixed in with a LOT of crap.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #231 on: June 03, 2004, 09:04:43 AM »
I like the Animatrix. A lot. But that's just me.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2004, 09:16:42 AM »
I'll do Schismatrix plus, review my GURPS books with cyberpunk applicable gear in them. I'll see if i can think of anything else in the meantime.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #233 on: June 03, 2004, 09:22:16 AM »
Well as so not to overburden us all, and so we can do another cyberpunk day sometime lets max of two articles a person?  I guess if we got 10-12 articles we could do a cyberpunk week.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 03, 2004, 09:28:32 AM »
I say we set the date for submission a bit early, and then see how many we get. If we get tons, make it a week. If we get a few, make it a day.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #235 on: June 03, 2004, 09:31:40 AM »
well for now lets say we have 5 articles.  1 from me, 2 from you and 2 from JP (he said he'd do more, but he's like us and is lazy so I'm only expecting 2).  And lets see what others think of this topic.  4-5 articles is good for a "day" event (which we have people willing to do), and if we get more people intrested in doing articles then we'll know if a week is a possibility.  If it's just us three then lets just stick to the 5 articles.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 03, 2004, 09:36:07 AM »
Yes, oh grand and unfailable master.

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #237 on: June 03, 2004, 09:39:44 AM »
heh, well the reason I said that is becasue I know that if it was left to me, you and JP to come up with 12 articles (10-11 of them between you two) then it would probaly not get done.  We're all too lazy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 09:40:11 AM by Spriggan »

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #238 on: June 03, 2004, 09:40:47 AM »
I'm lazy, but this is punk. punk excites me and makes me chitter like a portugese Rhino-sloth-cockroach-Monkey.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #239 on: June 03, 2004, 09:47:13 AM »
we've heard of your cross breeding experiments, and we condemn them.

My only contribution would be to gripe about a lot of cyberpunk. Oh, and I'll post the articles as normal. If you have five, I won't try wrangling anymore. There are plenty of old articles. I won't however, refer to more old articles than new ones.