Author Topic: Star Wars Empire At War  (Read 1859 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Star Wars Empire At War
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:11:23 PM »
SP demo is out. Fileplanet / Gamespot download links.

RTS space/land game, with a galactic map you use for building stuff - think Rome Total War style, only with some building on the actual battlemaps.

It is very awesome. Space combat is fast, fun and yet easy to control (pop up icons showing hardpoints for bombers to target, fighter squadrons having big icons next to their lead craft for easier spotting and selecting... very well done). The tutorials are annoying as hell, as per usual. Ground combat is slightly odd feeling, but the ATAT takes an absolute beating to go down and you get bombing runs from bomber squadrons in orbit. For once I feel like they have combined the space and land arms of the two sides and made them feel like a real concept.

Graphics are quite nice but run fairly smoothly, for once.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Empire At War
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 07:14:22 PM »
Amusingly enough, there are already mods in production. They appear to be making models already, maybe the developers told the community the specs. There is a couple Halo mods, a 40k one (they chose space marines, IG and, bizarrely, necrons for the races), couple starship troopers (blah) and 4 odd star wars. The 40k one is making me excited (I've always wanted to control imperial starships in a computer game) but the rest are fairly solid I guess. No trek, but it's not really got the ground component needed...
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

blaxx

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Empire At War
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 01:14:53 PM »
we wait impatiencely :D