Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
BFME2
« on: March 03, 2006, 06:29:13 PM »
...Battle For Middle Earth 2.

I own it, and it's awesome. Though perhaps i just take undue pleasure from riding down gollum with Glorfindel. Either way, the AI is bizarre in difficulty - it spams out units like no tomorrow, making it tough going to fight, but doesn't use them at all well, barely takes heroes, etc. I hate AI in RTS games, it almost never gives a good fight.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
Re: BFME2
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 11:02:04 PM »
I still have to deal with the pacing of it. Too quick for my tastes. I like it when it gives you enough time to actually arrange your troops into traps and such. That way there is more to the game than just who can outproduce the other. I suppose I will get used to it, but still.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 11:03:08 PM by Archon »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 11:04:41 PM »
The review at gamespy mentioned that heroes were too powerful for multi, and considering them in the beta I think they are right. It's basically all about using your hero(s) to destoy his army, using your army to protect your hero(s) and your siege engines, and using your siege engines to destroy the enemy base.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 08:34:22 PM »
I think that, if anything, the heroes are more balanced in this one than the other one. Then again, my experience thus far is limited to two skirmishes, not even enough to get a good feel for the game.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 09:24:57 PM »
We should play some online matches sometime. I'm starting to despise the AI - it either rushes instantly with a stupidly large number of units, or it builds 2 and then never leaves it's base ever.

Fellfrosch

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 11:51:08 AM »
This is a game I am looking forward to picking up in the near future, I would be into a game sometime in the future.
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

Rak-O-Latern

• Level 4
  • I smile coz I have no idea whats going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 02:15:53 PM »
Is it out yet in the UK?
"Just coz I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand."- Homer Simpson

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 08:55:07 PM »
Out for a fortnight mate.

Fellfrosch