Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
E3 PC
« on: May 12, 2006, 09:06:49 PM »
Take that, dirty console monkies!

- C&C 3 is making it's first showing here. Various cool things, like the new (EA) dev team making a 'dev bible' that explains eveything in the setting, so they can keep the games consistent and work within their own framework. It'll go off EA's SAGE engine - it powered Generals, BFME 1 and BFME 2. They've been upgrading the hell out of it though. Generals looks horrible compared to BFME 2.
They better get Joseph Kucan back to play Kane, though.

That's about the only game i'm bothering to follow. Need to check up on Medieval 2, see if Valve made any dramatic remarks, look at the Civ 4 expansion pack info (if any) and check on Ceaser 4 (it's being made by the guys who made Children of the Nile - the game I raved over earlier).

Hard work, being a geek.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 09:07:28 PM by Charlie82 »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

drum2dadrum

• Level 2
  • Gummy Bear Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: E3 PC
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 01:47:51 AM »
Command and Conquer 3 looks sweet, i just hope it doesn't player like Generals, the weakest game (in my opinion) of the series. Hopefully it'll be reminiscent of its older games in the series *crosses fingers*

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 09:37:59 AM »
Yeah, I don't like the 'feel' of generals too much. They tried to merge C&C and warcraft 3, I think.

I really like the sidebar in the earlier C&C games. Means less farting around trying to find buildings to do stuff.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 06:11:32 PM »
Acck, Ar eyou guys kidding? Outside of story line, there are no C&C's before Generals.

I hated that stupid side bar. It meant that there was absolutely no point in having a big base or mulitple buildings, as only one could train at a time.

Sure you can select a primary, but who cares? what if I want two people to come out of two different places, at once? You can't flank if you have all one set of guys on one side, and another set on the other, totally takes an edge from the strategy.
'

Besides, for finding a building, just save areas to memore using the F1-4 and then buildings to memory on the 0-6,
Then reserve 1-5 for your units and army.

Easy.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 06:13:03 PM by FirstMateJack »
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 10:27:43 PM »
I liked Generals, though I think it majorly lacked in options.

I still think Tiberian Dawn was the best.

I am thrilled, however, to hear that they're finally coming out with Tiberian Twilight.  It's about friggin' time.  They'd better not ruin it for me.

Odd thought:  Command & Conquer may have actually been the first video game I ever bought with my own money.

And I liked the sidebar, too.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 10:28:05 PM by JadeKnight »
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."