Author Topic: GTA  (Read 4451 times)

Rak-O-Latern

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I smile coz I have no idea whats going on.
    • View Profile
GTA
« on: June 04, 2006, 07:23:04 AM »
I like Vice City more than San Andreas, for some unknown reason
"Just coz I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand."- Homer Simpson

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
Re: GTA
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 06:29:53 PM »
*Gasp* How terribly amazing. How about you use your head a little bit,  and realize that nobody cares. Can you guess why? Because that comment doesn't introduce a discussion, it just states a personal and inane fact. I think it is safe to say that it is quiet time for you now, unless you are going to think before you say something.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 07:14:34 PM »
If only you had the power Archon, if only you had the power.

Speaking of which: Hey mods! Jeffe needs some company in the corner, don't you think?
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 07:42:44 PM »
Rak, you'll find on this site, there are those who get irrationally irate for comments like this.
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 01:20:52 AM »
GTA is responsible for all of the evil on the planet.

At least, that's the excuse I use.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 01:54:57 AM »
It's not the comment FMJ, it is the fact that he started a thread just to make a meaningless post. This post would have been fine if it would have been in response to other people talking about GTA. However, this gives no substance for a conversation, which leaves him looking like a moron. I would be surprised if you could point out something irrational about my reaction, considering my preceding point.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 05:02:47 AM »
I was watching someone play San Andreas, and so its like the very first of the game and the main guy is riding around on this bike.  Like a bmx bicycle that you pedal around.  And he hits into some guy on the street who immediatly dies and all this cash spills everywhere.  Shortly after that, some guys drive by in a car and open fire with automatic weapons and hit the guy on the bike.  Who gets slightly wounded in the process before managing to pedal off and outrun the car!  LoL.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 09:11:50 AM »
I think it was an acceptable entrance. He posted an opinion, which more or less invited a discussion on it.

However, it could have been amuch more interesting post. Rak-of-ribs, be sure to introduce yourself and read the FAQs

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 09:23:01 AM »
Never played San Andreas.

I've got GTA on the PSP. It's amusing, but hard to play on the bus. Keep crashing because I drive in response to how i feel the bus moving, rather than the ingame car :P
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 09:48:24 PM »
Like E says, He posted his opinion, which is fine. There is no need to insult people or attack them just because it's not something you find important or doesn't bring up a question.

Apparantly people have comments to post about it, so I don't see any reason to respond with insults or heavy sarcasm.

I consider that irrational, yes because I don't feel that there was a need for that kind of comment, nor do I feel that I am the minority in this opinion...
But I could be.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 09:49:23 PM by FirstMateJack »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 09:54:48 PM »
*sigh*

Why is it that this discussion always happens in the VG board?  But if we're here I might as well say I agree with Archon, if you're going to post a new thread put some effort into it.  Make it something that invites discussion about your topic, not something that seams like a reply to someone else's question.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 09:55:15 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 10:25:04 PM »
Because we like it this way Spriggan!!

It's fun!   :D

And I am not saying I don't think you should put thought into pots, because everyone should! I just don't think you have to insult people to let them know, that's all.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 10:26:43 PM by FirstMateJack »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 10:38:08 PM »
Archon's just doing his job.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 11:17:28 PM »
Since this has turned into an opinion post, I'll just say that I'm agreeing with Spriggan and Archon.  I hate these "Game X is cool" posts, especially when they're about games that have been covered to death in the news and other sites.  At least give me a "New Game X is going to be really cool, and here's why" post.  Heck, I guess I'd even settle for a "Game X is cool," as long as it added a detailed account of why.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 07:49:12 AM »
And yet, when I make a detailed post about why game X is going to be cool, nobody responds.

These threads attract more replies.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch