Author Topic: Xenosaga  (Read 2245 times)

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
Xenosaga
« on: May 04, 2006, 03:28:48 PM »
I am wondering, I am finishing Xenosaga I for the second time around, and has anyone played II?

My wife enjoys watching RPG's, and she is getting hooked on I, so I figuered I would grab II even though I wasn't planning on it earlier.

Anyway, I noticed no one has a review. I guess i could make one if people are interested, since III (the final installment of this particular series) was recently announced.
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Xenosaga
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 03:57:17 PM »
Xenosaga 2 isn't as good as the first, in fact I still haven't finished 2 yet since they got rid of all the best parts.

No long cut screens anymore, anything that's important is just summerised (that doesn't directly involve the main characters).  And there's a lot, and I mean a lot, less combat even though the combat system is argubly better.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 03:59:56 PM »
I have heard it is only about 25 hours if you just go through for story. How can you not be finished! You must not play it much.

I hear it is less violent for the most part (less blood and such, and no scenes like the MOMO, Albedo scene) but it swears and picks up more language. is this accurate?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 04:39:02 PM »
Eh, it's about the same to be honest.  I think there were a few swear words but nothing that wouldn't be in a PG movie, but it's been a year since I played it.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 04:46:09 PM »
I don't care until it gets to the point where you start paying more attention to language then you do the story. That happens at different levels for everyone though.

Anyway,I will probably pick it up since it is only 20 and finish it out.

chunktile

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 02:27:11 AM »
The third installment, Also Sprach Zarathustra, comes out next month. From what fans have been saying, it rivals and possibly beats Episode I. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also worried after how clunky Episode II was.
If everyone is different, then no one is the same. With no definition of the normal, aren't we all insane?

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 01:54:29 AM »
I have been keeping up on it too.

My wife is also excited.

medrx

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 05:33:19 AM »
I would agree with Spriggan on this bit.  I haven't actually played it, but I bought both the first and the second for my best friend who loves the Final Fantasy's, (and have watched alot of him playing both) but found the 2nd was a bit lacking...From what I've seen of it though, I think it may be worth buying the 2nd.  Not quite as good as the first though, however, if you want a new rpg to play I say go for it.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.