Author Topic: Comedy Images  (Read 1918 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Comedy Images
« on: November 21, 2002, 07:06:10 PM »
this is for any funny pictures you come across online. i'll open with something spriggan told me to put up here after i showed him it  : a map of the world, according to america.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2002, 07:08:01 PM by Charlie82 »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
Re: Comedy Images
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 04:20:01 PM »
Lol.  Speaking of maps, I heard on NPR the other day that 10% of American high school students can't find the US on a map.  Not surprisingly, only 13% could find Iraq and even fewer could find Afghanistan.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 04:57:58 PM »
Bwahaha, I shared that pic with all my coworkers. It's so true.

And I sincerely hope that statistic isn't entirely accurate. I mean, really, could american high schoolers get any dumber?
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2002, 06:00:32 AM »
im always slightly suspicious of statistics like that - how do they genereate that number? maybe they just go to a dodgy catholic school in the bible belt and check there.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Lord_of_Me

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2002, 11:37:41 AM »
i read a brilliant book a while ago - "how to lie with statistics". They probably asked lots of small groups and then worked out the percentage for the lowest one, or the highest one depending how stupid these students actually are.