Author Topic: Current Poll  (Read 40665 times)

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
Re: Current Poll
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2003, 04:39:15 PM »
We had a fairly significant collection of the Star Wars toys, but, for some reason, we never had a Luke.  So Luke was almost always in disguise.  Sometimes he was a stormtrooper, but usually he was the drove the AT-AT.

Fell, dare I tell the infamous Wonder Woman story?
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2003, 03:11:59 PM »
I remember that we often wanted to be Wonder Woman, but I don't remember any specific stories. Pray tell.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2003, 09:40:25 PM »
I remember that we often wanted to be Wonder Woman.

I'm suddenly VERY VERY glad I'm a couple thousand miles away from you now.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2003, 01:11:08 AM »
Hey, who wouldn't want to be Wonder Woman? She could deflect bullets with her wrists. No man I know can do that.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2003, 04:42:20 PM »
I had to go with the obligatory Misfit toys one. I think Indiana Jones would have quite the time fighting off Abominable Snowmen and helping to save the misfit toys. Now there's movie/book material!
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2003, 12:54:25 AM »
Gosh, I'm bored.

The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2003, 01:03:52 AM »
That's so sick and yet so funny, 42. Did you do that yourself?
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2003, 01:10:28 AM »
Yes, like I said I've been kinda bored, so this is what I came up with based off of the current poll idea and book thread of combining 80's cartoons.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2003, 01:45:51 AM »
Man, this thread is making me realize something about my life as a fringe speculative fiction fan.  I have always been very interested in the genre and everything that goes along with it, but I was always late on the trends and never had the right friends for long enough.  I read about you guys playing Star Wars and Thundercats...the friends in my neighborhood had just moved in from Minnesota and their grandpa owned a semi, so when we played let's pretend it was pick your favorite Milwaukee Brewer and then we'd bust out the toy trucks and go truckin'.  As Brewers.  I never knew anything about the Brewers, so I picked Paul Molitor (3B, now retired) and stayed with him, I think because of his name.  It reminded me of monitor lizards and Komodo dragons.  In a wierd way it made me proud many years later when Paul had a record-breaking hitting streak.  I felt a part of it.  But I digress.  So anyways, I don't mean to whine, but I wish I had had friends that wanted play Thundercats.

I have to give some post-mother's-day thanks to my mom, though.  When I was six and we lived south of San Francisco she drove me all the way across the bay to Oakland so I could see Godzilla vs. the Monster from Planet X.  Even though nobody else we knew was aware that the movie even existed, she supported me.  

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2003, 01:50:33 AM »
Oh, and did anyone else think Cheetara was hot?  Maybe I was just at that age, but I always wondered about the group dynamics with there being only one lady-cat and the rest of them toms, so to speak.  I really don't mean to get off-color here, so it's not my fault if you go there.

And Fell, I always thought Tigra was the coolest.  I didn't like Panthro as much because he was purple.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2003, 09:24:07 AM »
HOnestly, I hated the cartoon. I could never sit and watch it. I would have rather sat around for Voltron or something.

Now, if we could do 80's v. 90s, we could ahve Voltron come in and teach the MMPR how to REALLY handle a giant robot...

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2003, 01:10:51 PM »
Kije, you're welcome to play Thundercats with us any time you want. As long as I get to be Panthro, or possibly Mum-Ra.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2003, 06:59:12 PM »
**warm, fuzzy feeling**

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2003, 07:52:11 PM »
First, shame on you.

Second, I need help.

Brian

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Wisdom is the Pure Application of Knowledge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2003, 09:35:37 PM »
We never played Thundercats or Starwars or GI Joe. We had our own.. erm, thing.. called "Blaster Kids." It was actually pretty impressive, for a bunch of kids... there was this wizard that gave us various save-the-world type assignments, which were invariably interrupted by hordes of goblins. Although it wasn't fantasy, if anything it was sci-fi. We even had our own ranking system.

Although we invented it about 10 years prior to the show, I suppose it was sort of like Powerangers -- though it didn't involve transforming into various gigantic robots and fighting towering Godzilla dolls. Frankly, it was much, much cooler than Powerrangers. And I don't just say that because I'm biased.

We also didn't need stupid catch phrases or pathetic colorful costumes. We figured we were cool enough already.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 09:36:25 PM by Brian »