Author Topic: No More School!  (Read 1232 times)

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
No More School!
« on: September 26, 2003, 05:47:48 AM »
Well, I've finished. 13 years of so-called "education" has come to an end. It strikes me as a bit funny that people were crying - we'll see each other tomorrow night at the formal, and again in a few weeks for an english exam. It was a fun day though, and we received numerous gifts. I'll sort of miss the people, even though I've only known them a few years (I came to this school 3 years ago). But still, I'll end up seeing the ones who are my friends still, so no major problem.

But hey, I'm out!!! No more school!!!!

Incidentlly,  I was given a list of everyone's e-mails that I organised to be put together. After adding them to my IM, I have discovered that most people don't go online first thing after they finish school forever. I am such a nerd.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: No More School!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 08:46:53 AM »
yeah, but you're our nerd.
Congrats!
Now what you going to do?

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 11:26:54 PM »
SE, I'm glad you consider me one of you. If that makes any grammatical sense, which it probably doesn't

Anyway, now I'm mostly concerned with the formal tonight, and writing my poems/haiku/short stories/novels, as well as going up to Brisbane in a few days to buy a cheap cd, and to buy and start playing heroclix. Then, I have to start studying for the higher school certificate. That means about ten tests ina  few weeks, that make up half my total assessment mark, which in turn makes up my UAI, or universaties admissions index. I need to get a rank of 83 out of 100 to get into the course I want, and I'm being compared to the entire state. It's a bell shaped curve, so the rank is achieveable.

Next year, It's a move to Brisbane, where I want to go to Uni and study to become an english/computers teacher. I'll be sharing a place with two other nerd friends of mine, so it should be pretty fun, especially since we'll probably end up having weekly LAN parties. Another of our friends will also be nearby, and so will his girlfriend. That means we'll have at least 5 gamers in close proximity, a network already ste up (so we can share broadband internet) and more computing power than most countries.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2003, 11:29:34 PM by JamPaladin »
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 05:59:32 PM »
Hey maybe you'll learn American!

JK

Good luck on your test!
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!