Author Topic: Quotes...  (Read 18076 times)

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
Re: Quotes...
« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2004, 11:02:14 AM »
This one is so darn good it's going in my sig.

"I approve of the oral use of gastropods only for purely recreational purposes."

(In response to a conversation about how slugs' mucus is mildly anesthetic and so in olden times if you had a toothache, it was practice to suck on a slug.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 03:17:42 PM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2004, 01:06:15 PM »
"going in my slug."

Uh.. should I ask?

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 25, 2004, 03:18:22 PM »
*falls out of chair*

Oh dear.  I meant "In my sig" but I'm sleep deprived and have slugs on the brain.

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #183 on: February 25, 2004, 05:21:05 PM »
Posted at the top of my coworker's monitor:

"It's 6 o'clock. Time for the penguin to explode."

He tells me it's from Monty Python. I thought SE and Brenna especially would get a kick out of it.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Xaio

• Level 1
  • He who walks in darkness dies there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 25, 2004, 06:32:14 PM »
LOTR: Gimli, after Legolas has singlehandedly taken down an oliphaunt with that mysteriously replenishing quiver of his :)
"It STILL only counts as ONE!"
"Hope is the denial of reality"

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 25, 2004, 06:57:03 PM »
Didn't you know?  Elves are born with glands on their back that secrete arrows.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2004, 07:19:06 PM »
much like porcupines

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2004, 10:25:59 AM »
"Dave, a local friend of mine, made an excellent point awhile back, that whenever a storm is announced, people rush out to buy bread, milk, and eggs, obviously in the hopes that the Storm Gods can be appeased by sacrifices of French toast. "  -Ursula Vernon

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2004, 10:36:39 AM »
I like French toast

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 29, 2004, 05:42:47 PM »
(A rant from a comic that was called, i think, Elflife. Was a comic about the roleplayers in an online chatroom. Died soon after this rant.)

Telling a cartoonist that he has offended you is often like rolling in steak sauce and chicken gravy and going out to pet a pitbull.  Really, I don't have it out for Japanese animation and I respect the great contributions the East has brought to comics and cartoons.  But really, some folks can't see the landfill for the trash.  I'm amazed at what some people will not only enjoy, but follow with all the religious zeal of a cultist who needs his poisoned kool-aid.

Anyway, I pitched a new story idea to Shannon yesterday that she just loved (but she is biased) so I'm going to share it here:  The Anime Bible.

See, anime RUINS EVERYTHING.  And what better way to illustrate that than by taking the most famous religious text in the world and re-telling it with the same popular anime conventions that American fans can't get their cartoon on without?  Let's imagine what it might be like.

(Scene opens in a field in the day.  Jesus Christ sits upon a stone, resting his feet peacefully.  Pan to the right, showing a still shot of a crowd of happy children.  Rather than animate the children, play sound effects of children laughing.  A stern disciple stands in their path, his mouth opened wide to show his teeth as he yells at the children.  Only two alternating frames of animation for the disciple's jaws are necessary for this scene)

Disciple:  You there kids!  You should not be here!  Jesus is resting and you should leave him alone when he is resting!  Respect your elders, you rascally kids!  Why don't you go home and behave?

Disciple: (suddenly turns for no reason at all and gasps) What?

Jesus: (calmly sitting on the rock with his eyes closed.  Slowly his eyes open.  Close up on his eyes so we don't have to animate his mouth.)  Let the children come. (replace background with blue streaks) For theirs is the kingdom of heaven!

Disciple:  (gasps) Uhn!

(scene ends with children surrounding Jesus.  They still aren't moving, but their laughter is louder now.  Jesus smiles while the Disciple sweats profusely from his forehead.  Fade to black and preview next episode, when Super Mecha Jesus and the Go Go New Testament Rangers take on Robo Pontius Pilate)

For now I plan on making this script idea into a hot new webcomic called "MegaBible".  I mean, Jesus is all over the webcomic world already anyway.  Of course, I will write the dialogue in the original Hebrew and place the frames from right to left to make it more accessible to scholarly and dyslexic monks who read Sailor Moon.  It will also have ninjas fighting pirates and lots of references to Squaresoft video games.

And yes, I know you're offended, so don't bother telling me.  Really.  >:(
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 29, 2004, 06:35:23 PM »
*blink*

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2004, 07:56:46 AM »
Actualy that was elf only inn Entropy, I remeber you showing me that comic.  Its gotten more popular (they even did a comic with Penny-arcade through comixpedia's blind date event).  it's at keenspace now http://elfonlyinn.keenspace.com/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 07:59:31 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2004, 10:36:09 AM »
I wish they'd had electric guitars in cotton fields back in the good old days. A whole lot of things would've been straightened out.
-Jimi Hendrix

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 02, 2004, 04:00:22 AM »
MMORPGS normaly aren't the sespools that other online games are.  But Linage2 is a PVP based game so that brings all the bottum feeders out.

- Spriggan
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #194 on: March 02, 2004, 07:34:34 PM »
<eccgen> I'm not attempting to denigrate Jeff Healey. But, now, Rush, right, see there's Rush and then there's like, you know. Others. notRush.