• Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Fluxx
« on: May 27, 2004, 12:16:59 PM »
article reference: http://www.timewastersguide.com/view.php?id=753

OK, I like Fluxx a lot. You'll see I gave it a good review.

I like fun and silly card games that adults can find the humor in.

However, I'm really bothered by Stoner Fluxx, and I don't want to run a review on it, which is why I tried to cover how it was different in my review. It's not that they're just making fun of stoners and pot use, though they do, but Stoner Fluxx is a definite proselyting tool for recreational drug legalization, which I object to on several grounds. I don't think it calls for a separate review, since the game is not substantially different than Fluxx.

Now, I don't want to turn this into a drug legalization debate. I just wanted to get that out of the way, and I didn't feel it was appropriate to put in the review. I guess you'll discuss what you want, and since I brought it up, I have no one to blame but myself.

Fluxx, however, is really neat. It's a great way to spend a giggly night playing games. Throw in Munckin, Nanofictionary, and the Totally Insane Card Game, and you could spend a whole evening playing cards and have a great laugh. I recommend it.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Fluxx
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 12:31:11 PM »
Fluxx rocks, its the ultimate game to take when you know people who dont like games are gonna be there....

Plus games can be as short as a minute or as long as 3 hours....

Longest game I ever played was an hour and a half....
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!