Author Topic: TWG T-Shirts  (Read 12833 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: TWG T-Shirts
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2004, 07:13:36 PM »
Play will look a little homoerrotic

ok, i'm sorry, WHAT?!
I can get seeing inuendo in it, but homoerotic? I mean, what's wrong with you?

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2004, 07:37:29 PM »
Thanks to Spriggan, we now have a poll to determine which quote is most popular. Please fill it out, but only once. Otherwise you skew the number and that could hurt people here financially. Thank you. Perhaps a link from the poll section on TWG to this poll would be appropriate? then we might get a broader opinion.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2004, 09:00:37 PM »
Hmm...I just realised, I didn't actually make up the pants quote myself. I remember I read it *somewhere*, thought it was funny, and started saying. Thought I better point this out, in case it's a copyright issue.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2004, 09:16:56 PM »
Yes. The same with mine. I meant to note that it was a quote, but since the person who said it had a swearword as their nickname, i left their name out. So, you could use it anyway, but i'll feel slightly guilty over it :P

I think it'd be funny if someone were to cartoon-ize the entire TWG regular cast, in a big group picture, just to see how he portrays us.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2004, 09:20:24 PM »
hrm... that does raise an issue. Which is too bad, becasue both your quotes, in the results I've gotten so far, are doing fairly well

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2004, 08:08:30 AM »
I will not fill out said survey untill I am, in fact, on it. :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 08:10:00 AM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2004, 08:38:19 AM »
funny, and here I thought I'd made it clear that I wasn't catering to egos. Only one of your quotes was recommended, and it wasn't one of the ten best. But if you really refuse to help us work this out, then be stubborn like that.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2004, 10:40:17 AM »
Its not really ego, Im surprised by the general lack of good quote diversity its like someone half heartedly decided to get quotes from the good old boys club and ignored other members. Thanks to some internet problems over the last couple of days I havent been able to get on, but I know Ive said stuff more quotable than the Am I quotable line?. Even if I did find something I cant suggest it (which I thought was kind of asanine from the get go) so I have to call it to the attention of others just to get it on the list. I say I thought that it was asanine because I dont expect spriggan or you to search back for good quotes for me,... but I could because it interests me.
I just dont like that some people have 2 or 3 because quotes on the top ten just because some people post more or didnt bother to look up good quotes for others. Plus we werent allowed to suggest better ones for ourselves.
Im also not sure why it just has to be one quote per shirt, and why it couldnt be a list of quotes attributed to people on the board. But thats just me.
It just doesnt seem very fair, and Im surprised your Ok with it.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2004, 11:01:50 AM »
there's one quote because that's the design I'm making. I'm doing the work, so I make the decisions. If you want to make another shirt and do the research and coordination, fine, but you'll be splitting the effort and probably make it so neither shirt will sell. The design is still up for discussion, but I won't consider something else unless you present it as a suggestion, rather than crying to me about how I'm not being fair.

and maybe it's not fair, but you're the first person to disagree with the process, and i'm not going to start over from scratch. These are the quotes up for question. I'm not making ANY claim that they're the only funny quotes, or even the best on the board. I am NOT saying that you're not witty, and I'm quite surprised that you're taking it so personally. I've already said at least three times, and more than that in private conversations, that if these shirts sell, I'll probably make more designs. What else do you want?

Yes, I said don't recommend yourself, but then spriggan did anyway, and one of those quotes made it on the list. You could have done the same. I'm sorry that you weren't around, but I hardly have any control over that. Maybe it's not fair, but it's not the fault of anyone here.

For the record, NO ONE has 3 quotes on the poll. tWO PEOPLE have 2 quotes. That means 8 people are on the list. Out of 155 registered users, that means a LOT of people got left out. There was nothing personal in that decision. Incidentally, of the 4 quotes given by the people who had two, three of them are in the top four, and the other top four is one of the ones we have to drop.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2004, 11:07:53 AM »
First of all you need to chill, Im not crying about it, Im just not voting.
Thats what you recommended.

Im also telling you why I decided to not not vote, to at least help you make a descison and give some critical information.

The point is that Spriggan breaks your rule and gets a pat on the head and other people follow it and dont, yeah, thats cool.
Sorry, but I think thats kind of crappy.

Take it for what its worth.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 11:11:33 AM by ElJeffe »

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2004, 11:14:09 AM »
The not filling out the survey untill Im on it was a little joke- note the smiley face, and I was going to post more on it later, mainly because I had to work at the time.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2004, 11:16:01 AM »
Ok so there arent 3
The point is that Spriggan breaks your rule and gets a pat on the head and other people follow it and dont, yeah, thats cool.
Sorry, but I think thats kind of crappy.

That is not what happened at all, and I think you know that. So I didn't consciously tell people "good job for following the rules" but neither did Sprig get a "good job" on breaking it. give me a break.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2004, 11:24:50 AM »
I think your taking this a lot more seriously than I am since you seem pretty excitable this morning. Im just going to drop it for now and still not vote. I dont think its right that people should have more than 1 in the top 10 if other people had funny quotes.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 11:27:12 AM by ElJeffe »

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2004, 11:27:04 AM »
Maybe I am. But so far you've accused me of being unfair, hypocritical, mean, extremely poor sense of humor, and of playing favorites AGAINST MY BEST FRIEND. How am I supposed to take it, Jeffe? Really?

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2004, 11:28:18 AM »
I have done no such thing which is why I think your taking it more seriously than I am. And why I have asked you to chill out. I think a lot of this is internet related....