Author Topic: Bored in Class  (Read 3411 times)

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
Re: Bored in Class
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 07:26:42 PM »
Oh well, it is worth it to have a professor be a little creepy, but really cool. To me at least.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2004, 07:29:41 PM »
nah, he was just being cool.  not creepy at all. I think I need to nominate him for some teacher award or something.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2004, 08:21:50 PM »
What are you talking about?

Although I am as depressed as you are about my lunch being switched due to "scheduling errors", you hardly have no classes with anyone.  You have second hour with YS, and maybe onion, and you have fifth with onion, and probably other classes as well.  I only have 6th with YS, but onion and zasuwa are in my *new* lunch hour.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2004, 08:59:45 PM »
I have second and fifth with onion, and second with YS, that is it.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2004, 10:29:58 PM »
I spent my high school years trying to figure out how to get away with reading books in class.  Never quite perfected that one.  

I'll vote with SE.  Looks like it's time to start writing a novel!
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2004, 10:36:53 PM »
I would draw in class, a lot. It really annoyed some teachers, but I did it anyways. I actually found that it helped me concentrate.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2004, 10:47:48 PM »
I tried EUOL, but I dont think that I have the focus that is necessary to follow through on it.

Master Xaio

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • All power corrupts, absolute power's even more fun
    • View Profile
    • Eradicator II RPG
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2004, 08:44:11 AM »
I drew.  90% of the time I spent in class, I spent drawing, excluding about the last two or three years.  Most of it was just doodles, and it annoyed my teachers endlessly, but I needed something to do, even while they were talking.  Try taking a book, I've also found that if you sit at the back of the room, quitely, with earplugs *with most of the cord under a jacket* and a cd player, look like you're working... you get the picture.
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams"
William Yeats, 'He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven'.

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2004, 01:41:13 PM »
I taught my self to take notes with my left hand so I could doodle at the same time, this was important cuz there are these jerks who like to s tall class and purposely waste time by trying to get other people in trouble, the when alex would get in truoble for doodliing and say that I was dooing it , I didnt get in  trouble cuz I knew what we were doing and the notes to prove  it. also you can just like run back and forth behind the teachers and like mess with them and things like that.
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

Sig

• Level 4
  • White Mage needs food badly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2004, 06:43:46 PM »
Last year, I read books on quantum physics in math and english. Both teachers saw me doing so, but said nothing.
"I try to surround myself with people smarter than me, and so far I've done pretty well. Except for Noah."

The Sniper. Reach out and touch somebody.

"Someone...tree...in...cat...help"

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2004, 06:51:45 PM »
   Yeah Brenna not bad. Most teachers I know wouldnt call anyone on that either. What grade were you in?

I am not good enough at drawing for that to be fun for me really, especially since the only thing that I am good at drawing is guns, and I promised my dad that I wouldnt draw guns in school.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2004, 07:17:26 PM »
In BOTH contexts of the word?  Poo...

And Outkast, our school REALLY cracks down on the headphone usage, if he were to get caught, which is relatively likely, he wouldn't be getting it back, uh, ever.  Or at least not for a long time...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2004, 08:31:59 PM »
Yes Gorgon in both meanings of the word, although he probably wasnt thinking of one of them. As to the headphones, not such a good idea, especially until winter when wearing a sweatshirt will be inconspicuous.