Author Topic: hows it going?  (Read 8283 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: hows it going?
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2004, 01:12:11 AM »
We got free pizza at work today! Even the CEO ate some.

I had 4 slices, 3 pepperoni and 1 cheese. At them 2 at a time, facing each other so it was like a pizza sandwich. It was good.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2004, 02:23:15 AM »
Well, i got a free Fazoli's lunch today, but it was only fair since I was in meetings from 9am to 5pm and then had to stay at work until 10pm.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2004, 02:43:17 AM »
Well I got a free 12 hour shift starting at 10pm and going to 10 am  >:(
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2004, 08:54:23 AM »
I stayed home yesterday and played video games all day. Also, it is attributable to me and me alone that my in-laws now have a digital microwave. I accomplished much.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2004, 09:02:11 AM »
Too bad you're PC can't play CoH then SE, no ballarinas of death for you.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2004, 05:17:16 AM »
So things are going great.

After being musicless since I got to Oz, I picked up a cheap used discman and have been rocking out all afternoon.  

I go back to the States on Sunday, after one last trip to the beach Saturday.  I said all of my goodbyes today.  Man, this country ruled!

I'll give Utah a wave as I pass over it on Sunday.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2004, 07:44:42 AM »
Feel free to come back anytime.

Meanwhile, I just got paid thirty bucks to sit surfing the internet and not answer any tech questions for two hours.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Master Xaio

• Level 13
  • All power corrupts, absolute power's even more fun
    • View Profile
    • Eradicator II RPG
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2004, 07:48:06 AM »
Next time you come, Mr P. find time to make a trip down to Coffs Harbour (about 4 or 5 hours south) and we might meet up ;)
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams"
William Yeats, 'He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven'.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2004, 07:48:15 AM »
It's my understanding that tech support is divided into two catergories:

1) Dealing with idiots
2) Surfing the net

I could be wrong.  

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2004, 08:45:35 AM »
no, that's pretty much all of it. Though the balance of the two shifts. And occassionally the idiots are your coworkers.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2004, 08:45:49 AM »
That's my general view on life, Mr P.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2004, 09:23:12 PM »
Just got back from a lovely weekend. Rather eventful, though. My uncle is a vacation control freak. After getting in last night after the wedding at 11:30 or something like that (wedding was at 4:30, they didn't cut the cake till *10*--sit-down dinner, dancing, live band, the works), he made us all leave by 8 this morning so that we could be where they wanted to go on the Cape by 10. Which meant, of course, that I had to get up at 7. Ug.

Along the way, he (in the lead car of three) takes several wrong turns, and our 1 hour drive turns into a 4 hour drive. We saw several lovely beaches and lighthouses along the way (including a beach that looks like it's full of little pebbles, but when you get closer you realize it's ALL shells--hundreds of thousands of little shells) and I had a nice long chat with my grandma, who was riding with me.

But it was a long day. After staying up till 3 Friday night (don't ask me why, because I don't know--I was restless or something), and then running around with the wedding stuff on Friday (including getting lost on the way to the wedding--I somehow found myself west in Providence instead of south in Newport... normally I have a great sense of direction!), and then a very long wedding celebration (ceremony at 4:30, left at 11, which I just realized I said already but I don't care).... Yeah. I was getting testy. We didn't arrive in Chatham, the intended destination, until 3 in the afternoon.

So instead of staying with my family in another motel, risking another asthma and allergy attack (apparently the Howard Johnson allows dogs and doesn't clean the rooms well after said doggies leave), I decided to sleep in my own bed tonight. They were just going to go to the hotel from there and hang out for the evening anyway.

I'm tired! Whine whine whine.` :'( Aren't you all glad you read this?

But Kim (my cousin who got married) was a lovely bride, and it was really nice to see my grandma and aunts and uncles and cousins. I only wish more could have come--a few had planned on it but ended up not being able to at the last minute.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2004, 10:56:06 AM »
it is impossible for me to relax in this house. My mother-in-law does not know how to be calm. Everyone could be sitting peacefully eating a breakfast already made (and NOT by my mil) and she, instead of eating, will start preparing a meal that we won't be eating for 10 hours. And not just throwing stuff in a crockpot, I mean, gathering ingredients for vegetables and such. She CANNOT STOP. It makes me nervous. It's like she can't be happy without having 15 problems to try and take care of. I just cannot relate to that.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2004, 03:15:36 PM »
Ah, the joys of being a multi-tasking woman. My grandma's the same way. It's hard to get her out of the kitchen on holidays, mainly because there's always something to be done when you have 45-50 people staying in the house. The aunts have become very good at taking over and insisting that Grandma go watch the kids play or talk with whoever the new arrival is.

On a brighter note (compared to my last post), just to round out the image of the wedding this weekend so y'all don't think I had a horrible weekend, I taught my Uncle Tom how to swing. And I taught my cousin Christy's daughter how to swing. Hmm, a lot of dancing going on. And my Aunt Liz told me the story of how she got Tom (they've been married for 7 years). Very funny--she jokes that in any other situation, she may have been considered a stalker. Yikes!  :D She's great. You probably had to be there.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2004, 11:08:42 PM »
I had a very succesful interveiw with the dean of admissions from the boston school of the museum of fine arts... yippee, mmesa gonna take my academics at tufts university and at the same time be enrolled in art school at SMFA boston!
also I got a sculpture up for evaluation by jamie brown.
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/