Author Topic: It's funny  (Read 8704 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
It's funny
« on: April 21, 2003, 05:28:34 PM »
When Fell brought all of us (EUOL,Tage, Mustard,24 and myself) in on this about a year and a half ago we were going to be a place for webcomics and table top games.  Now we've morphed into a RPG site with some emphasis on table top games and our webcomic deparment have died compleatly (mainly because of EUOL's absence).  And our movies and video game section has allwayse been there but has never been a huge focus of this site.  But some dillagent people (namely Kid) have given us a nice Movie section.  This is just my 'things that make you say humm..' thought for this week.  give my your thoughts on this, now!
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: It's funny
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 06:12:03 PM »
Interestingly enough I have know of your existance for a while, but only become interested recently due to the new slant on RPG's.

Hey, as long as you keep packing them in right?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2003, 06:12:17 PM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2003, 11:07:12 PM »
Personally, the only parts I pay attention to are the movies and books sections and the everything else/rants/news sections.

I don't even look at the games section. At all. But I'm a bit odd that way.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2003, 11:25:30 PM »
To be honest I hadn't noticed this at all. I thought you guys were still reviewing movies and video games and etc's. Table top games eh? The only one I really play (or at least would like to play fanatically) is Heroclix. I don't have many, but boy I love the little buggers. My Captain America was crushed though...I need to put him back together. Anyone know whats the best thing to use to put these buggers back together? I may get some a DC starter kit or Clobberin' Time starter since I've got me 35$ to go spendy. Unless someone has a better idea?
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 12:13:26 AM »
My daughter has been known to step on my Heroclix and Mage Knight guys occasionally, and I find that the best way to glue them back together is plain old superglue...though it does tend to stink up the bucket I keep them in.

Unless you really need a starter, I recommend Xplosion. It's one of the best sets for casual collectors, because the little common guys are so good.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2003, 12:16:38 AM »
superglue gel actually works a little better as adhering pewter, lead or plastic when you need precise positioning.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2003, 12:21:21 PM »
I think that at least a small part of the shift is due to the fact that I'm supposed to write a tabletop article once a week and I'm lucky if I can get one done every three months.  The even sadder truth (is sadder a word?) is that Fell and I never play many tabletop games anymore due to geography, time commitments and children.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2003, 12:48:40 PM »
Well, we still play a lot of Heroclix...or at least I do. I have other friends you know. Punk.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2003, 03:32:41 PM »
Well I also have a  lot of movie reviews as of late.
So I'll post them.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2003, 08:10:18 PM »
Fell, I've been looking through the Xplosion's list. Some goodies there, yes. But the thing I liked about my Marvel starter was the huge double-sided floor map and the convienent power guide. I'm sure you get one in each of the other sets starters, but if I don't get the starters then where would it be that I get a list of the powers from? Would I be able to get one mailed to me from Wizkids? Or do I have to print out something?
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2003, 12:06:19 AM »
The power cards come in starters only, which means Infinity Challenge (the first Marvel set) and Hypertime (the DC set). The two most recent sets don't have starters, and therefore don't have power cards. However, the two most recent sets have used powers from both IC and Hypertime, so you need both power cards to really know what's going on. The best option is just to buy a starter from each set, because that way you also get an extra map and, of course, more guys. The other option is just to go to www.wizkidsgames.com and download the expanded power card.