Author Topic: Mistborn Reads  (Read 12497 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn Reads
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2004, 06:16:23 AM »
ooh, another blog update!

Planning 3.0 on WoK? What does that mean?

So revisions on ELANTRIS are pretty much over?

CJ Cherryh keeps track of her current word count in her blog, which she posts pretty much every day. (It seems to focus on her iceskating lessons more than anything else.)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2004, 09:07:48 AM »
well once we get book pages working you might see more of that stuff.  Of course adding a little box in the right hand corner of the blog to show word count might be a good idea.  What I'm thinking of doing is useing the image tag alt text to display word counts on the progress bars.  If you don't know what those are (wich I'm sure most TWGers do) just place your mouse over the house icon on the top menu.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2004, 02:54:31 PM »
I'm planning a major draft of KINGS, and before I do a draft, I write out a big kind of 'strategy' for the rewrite.  This lets me collect all of my ideas together, and gives me a chance to come up with theories for how to fix problems and that sort of thing.  I was doing this for KINGS, but got distracted by the MISTBORN line edit.

ELANTRIS still has one edit, I think.  I'll throw it up once I know for certain.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2004, 07:23:01 PM »
By the way, I'm almost finished with the book, and I'm really, really enjoying it.  I think Vin is the best girl you've ever written, by far. Just so you know. :)

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2004, 07:28:50 PM »
I am coming along... somewhere with it. I've been bogged down with things right now. But my last summer class is next tuesday, so things may pick up then. And this weekend I may be going to an anime con. So where lets see where things go.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2004, 08:03:36 PM »
It looks like we're moving to American Fork, so I want to be put on the list of people who get to read the darn thing.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2004, 08:37:39 PM »
So, is that good news Fuzzy?  I can't tell from your post.  (I mean about moving.  It's of course good news for me, since you'll still be close enough to read a hard copy and make comments in it.  :))

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2004, 09:46:03 PM »
I consider it to be good news. I will consider it to be better news when it is a signed-contract-fact and just the working plan of the week.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2004, 12:50:53 AM »
Wow, you're moving to AF. Well if you end up staying there for a long time, you raise your kids there and send them to the same abysmal pit of High School I went to.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2004, 12:54:12 AM »
Ah, always optimistic, 42.

In other news, I delivered 42 a copy of the Elantris map and he showed me the style he was planning to use.  It's dumbfoundingly cool-looking.  He'll probably let us post it when it's done!

Brenna

• Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2004, 01:48:05 AM »
Well, I've finished the book. I will pass it on to the next person tomorrow. I wrote stuff in the book, EUOL, but if you want to meet sometime to talk about the book, let me know.

Oh, and Chris and I *might* be staying in the area for a while longer now--seeing as we haven't found work anywhere else (not that we've found anything here, but I have a lot more contacts in this area...). Now we just need to find a place to live before Wymount kicks us out on the 16th...

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2004, 02:08:09 AM »
Maybe I'll stop by TLE tomorrow.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2004, 04:45:41 AM »
Brenna, remember you have a contact in Boston as well. If you need me to pass along resumes, etc., let me know. Of course, Boston's not exactly a hotspot. And educational publishing is probably not what you had in mind. But at any rate, there you go.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2004, 06:20:04 PM »
EUOL: I finished a few weeks ago and am still trying to find time to finish my feedback and send it to you. Mathias refuses to cooperate, perhaps because he knows I will delete the file as soon as I've sent you feedback. I'm doing my best to cement your fame in the up and coming generation.

I loved it.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Brenna

• Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2004, 07:13:13 PM »
Thanks, Stacer, I appreciate that.  And educational publishing is looking as good as anything else at the moment! :)