Author Topic: If you're coming to my wedding reception, RSVP NOW  (Read 4077 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: If you're coming to my wedding reception, RSVP
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »
Genre can be applied to anything. And it sounds better (and is a little more accurate) than "ethnicity," which is the only other word I can think of for the situation.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2005, 05:03:12 PM »
I believe for the food they need final numbers on Tuesday.  Not sure if it exactly matters for cake. It is not SUPER-IMPORTANT or anything like that that everyone come to the reception, but I would like it if you're able to make it, and if not, I do wish to see people SOMETIME, preferably at the lunch with Karen there, or at the party without.

We picked a day based on various people's spring vacation schedules, plus BYU's no-spring-break but three-day-weekend-for-Easter policy. I think we picked Friday so people would have travel time on Saturday to get home for Easter.

I think lunch would be okay in Orem if it's near the freeway...later would probably be better in that case to allow for travel time. I think in the other thread people were saying Buca but I don't know where that is and don't know if they were still thinking lunch. It's got to be lunch though if I understand the scheduling correctly. I'm really rather vague on a lot of things... As for price I like to keep things below $10...below $8 would be best but...maybe below $12? Uhhh... I don't care what as long as there's something not chile-spicy (curry-spicy is not a problem) for Karen to eat (and no cantaloupe).  But tasty is good.

As for the evening I think I should be free after 8. But I don't want to stay up super-late, so...if I get to sleep by 1 it should be good enough...don't have to be to the temple until noon.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 05:08:59 PM by OoklaTheMok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2005, 05:34:30 PM »
Quick, someone point me to the thread that says exactly when and where the reception  is.

Of course, I didn't get a snail mail invitation so maybe I presume too much...

I think Ookla may still be mad at me over the whole TLE library/Springville library thing...

I'd like to make it if I could and would therefore like to RSVP at the earlist opportunity, if I can, which necessitates me knowing when and where...

*ellipses rule!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 05:35:03 PM by Skar »
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2005, 05:39:54 PM »
A nice place for lunch is Thai Village, in AMerican Fork fairly close to the freeway. It's $7-9, great Thai food, and, while not exactly half-way, is a fairly good mid-point for people in both valleys to meet. If everyone agrees I'll post the address, but I'll hold off until then to avoid confusion.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2005, 08:31:43 PM »
Quick, someone point me to the thread that says exactly when and where the reception  is.

Of course, I didn't get a snail mail invitation so maybe I presume too much...

I think Ookla may still be mad at me over the whole TLE library/Springville library thing...

I'd like to make it if I could and would therefore like to RSVP at the earlist opportunity, if I can, which necessitates me knowing when and where...

Skar, the info on the reception location and the RSVP phone number is in the first post in this thread. I sent you an invitation (well, I THINK I sent you one...uhhhhhh...gomenasai)--yeah I distinctly remember writing your name down on one of my lists, but it's not like I asked you for your address I just used the BYU Alumni database so there wasn't a huge guarantee it would actually get there...

And DUDE I totally FORGOT about that library thing! Hadn't thought about that for years!!! Yeah, I'm so totally mad at you!!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 08:35:31 PM by OoklaTheMok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2005, 08:49:08 PM »
Ha!

I am an idiot.  I read the beginning post thinking it would probably be there and didn't notice it.  Don't ask me how, I don't know.  Thanks for the pointer.

I may or may not be able to mobilize my entire little family (four kids now) to come but I, at least, will be there for sure.

"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2005, 09:32:42 PM »
Ok, I called.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2005, 10:00:40 PM »
Yay!!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2005, 10:34:23 PM »
Ok, sadly there will be no Fell and no Fellina and no little Felllings at the reception--my big doof of a father in law is coming that day, and we can't get out of it (a confusion of schedules between my wife and I). But I will see you for lunch and for bachelor party on Thursday, so I hope that makes up for it.

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2005, 12:09:22 AM »
I RSVPd. I don't think Chris will be able to make it, but I'll be there (assuming I can find it--I'll be coming straight from work...is the 6400 S the same one that the Fashion Place West Trax station is at?). I get to find a bus/walk there, so it should be interesting!

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2005, 12:33:35 AM »
I'm good for lunch, Ookla--no matter what the genre or location.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2005, 01:18:22 PM »
I'll RSVP today (by my reading I'm not too late) if it's still possible. I don't get off work until 6 PM on Friday, so I'll be late, but hey...

If anyone wants a ride rather than doing the bus/walk thing, we could probably arrange something.

Thursday lunch is probably off for me, but that night is all good. Is there a separate thread for planning the bachelor party?
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2005, 04:15:45 AM »
Hey, Peter.  We're still watching a movie for the party, I assume.  Is there an anime you haven't seen that you'd like to?
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2005, 12:20:44 PM »
I'm discovering that most laser tag places close early on weekdays, like around 9. There's still a few options, though, so I'll let you know.

If we need a plan B, does anyone have access to a computer lab where we could do LAN games?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2005, 12:46:29 PM »
Yea! LAN Diablo 2 how fun!

Seriously, if for somereason we found a free place for a LAN what games would we actualy legaly be able to play?
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.