Author Topic: ¡Hola from Spain!  (Read 1361 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
¡Hola from Spain!
« on: March 25, 2005, 03:45:29 PM »
Hey everybody, I am writing this from a hotel lobby in España.  The keyboard is screwy.  Silly spainards.

This is the first time I´ve had time to write, otherwise I may have done it sooner.

But yeah, for the last week I´ve been tracking across Spain with a group of thirty-six students, seeing cities including, but not limited to, Madrid, Toledo, and right now Sevilla.  It is very nice here, and the €uro is so strong everything is very, very expensive...

Man, I love it here so much.  Tommorow we go to meet out spanish host families, which will leave me helpless to their strange language of which I have decided I am not very fluent in.  At all.  In fact, I am certain that the extent of the family stay will revolve around my asking, ¨How much is this,¨¨Where is the bathroom,¨and, "I´m Hungry...

But I must express again that everywhere I have seen here is infinately supirior to anything I have seen in the states.  Ever.  And I travel a decent amount within th states.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: ¡Hola from Spain!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 05:11:56 PM »
Pooh.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 12:20:08 AM »
Well fine, if that is the way you feel, then you can just stay over there, and never know how it feels to use long sentences again.
By the way, while you are over there, could you buy me a sword, and, just to make sure the chaperones don't give you a hard time about having it, hide it somewhere they wouldn't look. Like your ribcage.  :)
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 11:37:59 AM »
That's awesome, Gorgon!  Visiting other countries and cultures is always fun, especially when you've the money to buy whatever looks interesting and "authentic."  Hope everything goes well with your host family!
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 02:48:58 AM »
I spent a semester in French Polynesia once.  That was just awesome.

At any rate, cuidate.  And don't make fun of my poor Spanish while you're at it.  =þ
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 02:56:09 AM »
Hey!  I want to be in Europe!

How long are you over there for, Gorgon?
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 07:17:24 AM »
MsFish, I believe he is over there for the remainder of this week.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus