Author Topic: An Apology  (Read 10568 times)

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
Re: An Apology
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2003, 06:31:44 PM »
Spriggan: No.

Everyone: Thanks to the magic of addslashes(), and a little error checking (which I wasn't doing before), we shouldn't have any problems with submitted articles anymore, whether they be typed directly into the site or pasted in from a word processor. That was a long sentence. Anyway, there you have it. Sorry for the troubles we had with it.

UPDATE: I just discovered that the whole fiasco with quotes was entirely my fault, due to some PHP config changes I didn't know about and overlooked. So it was a problem with the site after all.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 07:44:45 PM by Tage »
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: An Apology
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2003, 08:24:16 PM »
Submit article page down.  Fell wanted me to add a link to the submission guidelines on that page.  now it's not working.

EDIT: Ok it's fixed, for some reason all of the echo'd " weren't slashed out and it's wasn't letting me save them in the code.  So I editied it externaly and uploaded it and it worked.  I did save the orignal, Tage if you need it it's right there under the new one.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 11:06:45 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.