Author Topic: Naruto: The Manga Vs. The Anime  (Read 1514 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Naruto: The Manga Vs. The Anime
« on: July 08, 2008, 05:44:27 PM »
The Manga -

I feel that the manga was, and continues to be with new chapters, one of the better laid out manga there are.  The story is amazing, everything links to plot points further down the line.  Nothing is left to just dangle. 

The Anime -

They do a decent job of keeping with the story, then suddenly they add like 50 episodes of crap that they pulled out of nowhere.  I mean, what's up with that?  Why can't people just leave stuff alone?  In my opinion, that ruined it fo me.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Naruto: The Manga Vs. The Anime
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 08:29:21 PM »
They ran out of manga story and wanted to keep the anime going in order to keep making money.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 08:35:52 PM »
No they didn't.  There are still over 200 more chapters from where they currently are, as well as new ones still coming out weekly in Japan.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:45:33 AM »
In Japan, when they were making the anime, they had caught up to the beginning of the next big arc in the manga, and if they had started animating that arc they would have caught up with the manga's then-current chapter within 13 episodes or so. They had no idea what would happen next in the manga, so instead of making those episodes and trying to guess what would happen next, they made a filler arc instead to let the manga get further ahead and start a new arc.

That is what happened. I keep track of these things. I work in the manga/anime industry. This is a common occurrence in anime. One Piece has had a lot of filler arcs, and Detective Conan, and Bleach had one. The other option is to go in a completely different direction, like Kenshin did, but this is often less popular with the fans.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 01:55:21 AM »
Yes, I suppose that would happen.  -les sigh-  It would just be nice if it didn't. ha ha. 

But like I said, other than the random tangential story I think they did an OK job.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。