Author Topic: I *hate* exams  (Read 3545 times)

Outkast in Exile

I *hate* exams
« on: November 18, 2004, 02:52:32 AM »
Well the first of my exams was today... and after it, I'd have to say that I am thouroughly, and totally exhausted.  Its not even 6.00pm, and I haven't studied for the exam I have tomorrow at 9.00am, but I'm ready to fall asleep...

I actually quite like the unit (Myth and Ancient Roman Literature) and it went quite well, but after I walked out I was nearly ready to drop.  Time for a cold shower, and then into studying Mediaval England at the time of the Plantagenets....

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: I *hate* exams
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 09:38:33 AM »
yeah, tests are stressful, even if you enjoyed the class. Good luck with exams!

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 09:46:12 AM »
These are high school classes? Or college? Sound too interesting for high school.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 11:19:45 AM »
My finals are during the first couple weeks of December.  The joy of 3 hour exams is something I am not really excited about; it will push me further into the insanity in which I am already dwelling. HAHAHAHA (psychotic laugh)   :P
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 06:40:46 PM »
Happily, I took my last final way back in May. After 4 years of High School Final, 4 years of College Finals, and 3 years of Optometry School Finals I couldn't take any more.

Instead, now I'm spending the vast majority of my free time in November studying for my Part II Boards in early December.  It's worse.  An entire month consumed by studying.  This is the last hard one though...

So I feel your pain.

Master Xaio

• Level 13
  • All power corrupts, absolute power's even more fun
    • View Profile
    • Eradicator II RPG
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 05:53:24 AM »
Thanks a heap!

I finished off my second one today....  it actually went very well, it was the best exam I could have hoped for.  Thanks to a lot of time spent poring over past exam papers I managed to work out probable questions... and all of the questions I got were ones I'd already written essays on, which was just.. . great.

Stacer, its college; my second year of it.

Now, because I'm not doing a full load, I only have one to go... C++ Programming.  Which is the worst subject.  I'm so glad I'm not taking any computer subjects next year (Latin, German and probably Creative Writing next year).  For C++, they expect you to write perfect code.  Perfect being the operative word.  Now maybe I'm missing something here... but nobody writes perfect code in the real world.  You write ok code, then you test and debug it.  But no, in two hours we have to do a whole heap of tasks, including debugging code, writing perfect code, and working out algorithims/questions which you'd normally spend several hours thinking about.  Its a joke.
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams"
William Yeats, 'He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven'.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 07:59:45 AM »
See, exams are why I'm glad I was an art major. Few art classes had exams. They just have portfolio critiques where the instructor destroyed any sense of self worth you might of had lingering around.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 09:26:05 AM »
That's how the music dept at UNCG worked too. I had many dorm-mates in the music department. They were the most harried and unhealthily stressed people I had ever met, and they were constantly worried, not about passing, but about being WORTHY of passing.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 09:33:52 AM »
or living... and yeah they were freaked out all the time.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 05:21:58 AM »
See, exams are why I'm glad I was an art major. Few art classes had exams. They just have portfolio critiques where the instructor destroyed any sense of self worth you might of had lingering around.

That's why I love science.  No subjectivity.  If it's not measurable, it won't affect your grade :)

Master Xaio

• Level 13
    • View Profile
    • Eradicator II RPG
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 05:58:42 AM »
According to my art teacher **everything** is subjective.  Except of course the marks she gave you.  Because, according to her, because there was a marking criteria, it wasn't subjective.  Gotta love that logic.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2004, 08:32:38 AM »
yeah, then you get into relativism. i'm already discounting that point of view.

Outkast in Exile

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2004, 05:04:38 PM »
Yes, she wasn't the brightest of bunnies, to use a cliched expression.  She was the same one who tried to tell me I actually didn't have a food allergy.  Among a lot of other statements which were full of ......

Ah well, I don't have to deal with her anymore.  

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004, 06:00:41 PM »
I have six weeks until my first finals, but I have six of them.  One of them is like your C++ programing class, just with HTML and some other website making tools.

The rest are not fun at all.  Physics, Trigonometry, AP European History, AP Language and Composition, and Spanish III.  I'm sooooo excited.  So, I don't feel your pain right now, but I will.  Eventually.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Master Xaio

• Level 13
    • View Profile
    • Eradicator II RPG
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2004, 06:10:38 PM »
Hey, HTML's easy.  At least you can't crash everything just beacuse there is a single semicolon missing from the end of a line, somewhere in the middle of thousands of lines of code.  Which the compiler doesn't tell  you where.  I have learned to hate C++ with a passion.

But good luck with them ;) Won't those be round  christmas time though? Don't you guys have a break?