Departments > Movies and TV

BBC's Sherlock

(1/2) > >>

Feloxia:
So, I think you should all see this. It's a 21st Century version, with Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock and Martin Freeman as Watson and lots of other awesome people. More info here.

Edit-- It's written by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, fyi.

I love this series so much. The cinematography is wonderful and the script is amazing. The only thing I don't particularly like about it is that there's only three episodes (although each episode is 90 mins) per season  :'(

Sigyn:
I thought the characters were a lot of fun in this, but I didn't particularly like most of the mysteries.

Feloxia:
Why didn't you like the mysterires?

Personally, I wish that more of the original stories were translated directly to modern stories, but I still feel the writers did a good job with them.

Sigyn:
SPOILERS

I didn't like the first mystery because there wasn't really a reason to the killing. I don't find serial killers particularly interesting, and I've always appreciated that the old Sherlock stories had real reasoning behind who committed the crimes and why. I didn't like the second mystery because I guessed the marks were Chinese characters long before Sherlock did, and I don't like mysteries where I feel smarter than the characters. I don't think I had any problems with the mysteries in the third episode.

ryos:
You forgot to mention that it's written by Steven Moffat. My interest went way up when I found that out. I'm definitely gonna give it a look on Netflix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version