Author Topic: Nerdy Me  (Read 6492 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Nerdy Me
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2003, 06:59:33 PM »
She leaves tomorrow and will be out there a week. I'll try to narrow that down. I won't be talking to her till late tonight. I'll give you more details. Thanks guys.

And fell, since this is gonna happen, feel free to get anything that's supposed to come to me to their house. What they don't covertly nip from the package, I'll review :D

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2003, 12:51:50 PM »
Did you get the Ultimate Alien Anthology from WotC, or should I give that to Spriggan? (Note: Spriggan is not allowed to answer this question.)
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2003, 12:58:01 PM »
I did not get that, and I will take it happily to see if they did a better job than the last one.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2003, 01:51:20 AM »
Well crap, I shouldn't have left it at work, then. I can get on Saturday, though. Because I have The PowaTM.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2003, 09:51:51 AM »
On the subject of groovy dice...

Dwarven Stones

My favourite? The gold D20 pendant.

Oh, BTW, the current £ to US$ exchange rate is $1.67 to £1.

So the top one is really expensive.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2003, 09:54:38 PM »
I've seen those in stores out here before entropy.  I kinda wanted to get the Jade ones but didn't want to pay $40 for dice.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2003, 10:10:37 PM »
Those are really cool, however I wonder if anyone would actually dare use them. And even if they did, wouldn't they be sort of clunky and or fragile?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2003, 10:57:29 PM »
actually, that's exactly what I have (the yellow jade ones) -- though mine are a touch darker. They hold up really well. The biggest worry you have is losing them (now where did I put mine...)

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2003, 12:55:38 AM »
Ok, my last attempt at gathering this stuff having failed, I am now making a trip to Utah personally. I will be collecting books and pillows. This happens in two weeks (plane arrives on the 27th, plane leaves on 29th -- hopefully the insertion will go quickly adn the commie bastards will never know I was there....er... you know I have to kill you all now, right?)

ANyway, friend's getting married, and i was finally convinced to buy a plane ticket (got almost entirely middle seats, and I have to change planes TWICE, with a 4 hour layover in St. Paul... this trip will SUCK).

Incidentally, I'll be needing a couch and a couple rides if anyone is feeling charitible enough to volunteer to help a guy out that weekend. I have a shiny present for anyone who can. (it's tin foil, but you didn't hear that from me). My grandparents live in Bountiful, but as the wedding is in Provo, that's not terribly convenient, so I'm hoping for a pad/chauffeur in Happy Valley.

I promise not to devour any of your young (if applicable). However, I WOULD like to stop by the spriggan/42 place to pick up stuff. I'm happy to carry anything east that won't get me arrested or divorced for anybody out there as well.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2003, 04:37:17 AM »
I'm sure someone can help you out.  Tage and my house is pretty big, if that's what you mean by needing a 'pad.'  I'll be in town that weekend, and can probably give you some rides.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2003, 09:42:11 AM »
Yeah, I just mean a place to sleep. I'll probably go out to eat a couple times, but on the whole, I won't be doing much social. The rides I know I'll need are a) a ride from the airport friday afternoon, and back to it on Sunday (early) morning. (I've got some pretty obnoxious flights) b) a ride to the Provo Temple and back, saturday afternoon, and c) a ride to the reception and back Saturday evening.

I'm going to see if I can split these favors up so no one feels like I'm just using them for a weekend. But I'm also going to bring my M:tG cards so we can play that if anyone's interested. And I'll bring GHS. Last time anyone played with me we had no feral monsters, and now I have nearly a dozen, so it's a different experience. I'd like to try and get some of you hooked.

Or, we could do what I did last time I flew out of Utah, and play a mega-long role playing session (it earned me geek points!) though it wouldn't be nearly as long, since I'll be at a reception at night and leave in the morning. On second thought, anything more than a couple hours won't be worth it, unless it happened friday night.

Perhaps I'll drop by TLE and read a story for old times sake.

Anyway, anyone up for helping me out on specific rides, let me know. I'm sure if you drove me to the reception you could come in and eat a snack or something, but that might not make it worth getting dressed for it.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2003, 12:46:36 PM »
I'm sure between me and Brandon we can get you a couch and some rides over the weekend. And Brandon will probably even want to play M:tG with you. What are your flight details coming in on Friday? Actually, wait until we're closer to the day, otherwise we'll just forget about it.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2003, 01:10:18 PM »
Sad! I'll in CA that weekend, and actually out of town for three weeks, so I'll miss the chance to see you at TLE. But while you're at the reception on the 28th, think of me at my own.

:D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2003, 01:10:56 PM by Treyva »
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2003, 02:52:48 PM »
I'd be up for some kind of gaming extravaganza. Maybe we should do a Magic draft...though it would probably be a "buy your own cards" draft. But I might well be able to finance something. If you guys like the idea, I'll see what I can cook up.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2003, 04:55:22 PM »
Well, mine and Jordo's place is also available. We have an extra room that no one is renting right now. You could probably use it as long as it's not trashed when you leave.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.