Author Topic: What does your desktop look like?  (Read 5732 times)

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
Re: What does your desktop look like?
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2004, 05:15:29 PM »
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but assertions of superiority because of "artistic" layout will make me laugh in your face.

That having been fun to write...
My husband's desktop is perfect, as befits an artist of his obsessive-compulsive nature, while I like my desktop messy for the same reason I like my bedroom messy.  I know where everything is.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 05:16:36 PM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2004, 05:27:59 PM »
lol.

Gemm - did you ever manage to get Team Speak (note to everyone else - a voice over internet program, kinda like a chatroom but with voices not words) working? I know jam, during one of our yap- fests over it, mentioned that you had issues getting it to connect to servers.

Also, i love Onions wallpaper.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2004, 05:59:39 PM »
Nope. And I doubt it will work since my school has some super-duper dumb firewall thingy keeping me from really doing anything like that. Refer to my rants about how I can't play games on the net.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2004, 11:57:52 AM »
Hahahah, let me take the integrity of this thread down a few notches. This is me trying osmosis. Osmosis doesn't work, therefore it does not exist.
                William S. Burroughs

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2004, 12:10:26 PM »
Oh, I don't know about that... When I was a freshman in college, I fell asleep in my biology class every day and still managed to get an A.  I think osmosis works just fine. :)  On a completely unrelated note (I'm just excited about this), I just successfully defended my masters thesis on Thursday.  I just need to make some minor revisions and send it to the library for binding, and it'll be completely done! :)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2004, 12:40:18 PM »
Gemm, that is totally a typical dorm room. Girly poster, etc. So... in addition to the girly poster, who uses the girly shampoo I see in the closet on the right?

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2004, 12:46:28 PM »
Well, the poster is my roommates. My poster is of the Frozen Throne poster. The closet on the right is the roommates. Mine is the left.
                William S. Burroughs

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2004, 07:37:26 PM »
Hmmmm.  Is it just me or did he avoid the question?
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2004, 07:43:26 PM »
well, he told me whose closet holds the girly shampoo, so close enough.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2004, 07:57:20 PM »
Hmmm.  I suppose tha twould be logical.

But think about this:  He wakes up one morning and, noticing he's late, grabs the shampoo from his closet, taking a cold shower (because the water heater is down for the day), he becomes frazzled.  Suddenly, drying off, he exits the bathroom as the phone rings, lunging for it because he is expecting a call from the his paternal unit, he grabs some fresh clothes while talking to a telemarketer.  Becoming fed up he hangs up violently, runs out the door without a shirt into the cold hallway with wet, cold hair.  Realizing he both forgot his backpack (with his 300000000000 point essay) and a shirt, he runs back inside, grabbing the shampoo, as it is on a dresser just by the door.  He opens the drawer to see nothing clean.

"Jumping jiggofrats!" he exclaims as he runs for his closet to find a shirt, but no dice.  The only thing is the closet is his roomates stash of girly mags and an old broom, along with some empty hangers.  Looking at the clock and realizing he has less than 10 minuites to reach a class 15 minuites away he throws open his roomates closet, steals an old ghostbusters shirt which smells like mildew.

"I'll be all the wiser" he says as he throws on the shirt, then taking a deep breath lunges for the door, only to smell his shirt.

"Well dip me in shirt and roll me in breadcrumbs!" he exclaims at the smell, looking around he grabs some shampoo (to offset the mildew smell), spreads some on the shirt, throws it in the closet and runs off to class.  Later he takes the picture and posts it.  Now whoose shampoo is it?  HUH?? I'M ONTO YOU!!
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2004, 08:12:52 PM »
Ok, now I'm confused - Is Gemm supposed to be the Message Bored freak, or was it Gorgon?
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2004, 08:45:49 PM »
I think they're trading off to confuse us.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2004, 09:06:02 PM »
Tagteam!  I'm tired, Tag out Gemm, I need a break...
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2004, 09:19:14 PM »
Honestly, I don't know what he's talking about. If I'm ever about to be late to a class because I don't have time to get up and shower, etc, I won't be going to that upcoming class. And on an et al, I know the difference between my closet and my roommates closet.
                William S. Burroughs

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2004, 04:36:44 PM »
Fine...

But what if:  Gemm wakes up because his alarm goes off.  He sluggishly rolls out of his bed onto the floor, goes to take a shower.  He stays in the shower for 10 minuites, whilst singing a Grateful Dead tune, when his roomate walks into the connected dorm.  He hears Gemm singing, and laughs histerically, then leaves.  

Gemm gets out of the shower, realizing it's saturday, plops hiself back into bed from his exaustion.  The shampoo is now on the floor.  His roomate then walks in a second time, shakes Gemm histerically, then takes a shower himself, singing a rolling stones hit.

Gemm cannot get to sleep with his roomate singing, so rolls out of bed, and lands and/or steps on the shampoo.  It gets all over the floor.  After grabbing the broom which is in his all-too-empty closet and attempting to use it to clean up the mess, he realizes that a broom is not meant to be used this way.

"Stinking Lemons Of FRAN!!!"  He exclaims, crying over his lost broom.  After reminising about the good times he and his broom had together, he grabs the only clean shirt he has, a telletubies shirt some sick relative got him for christmas and/or any other holiday (religous or not) where gifts are given.  His roomate walks out of the bathroom, laughs histerically, doubling over unto the floor, hitting the handle end of the broom which was precariously set over the shampoo bottle.

The brush end of the broom flings into the air, flinging shampoo into the air.  This shampoo happens to hit Gemms eyes, and not thinking to buy the tear-free kind, becomes in a lot of pain.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"  Gemm yells.  Then all is silent except the sound of Gemm yelling

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" again.  He then picks up the broom and swings it wildley at where his roomate would be if he hadn't already left while Gemm screamed, which he did.  Hitting the bed, and thinking that it was his roomate due to the blanket over the pole as to make a fleshy fell, Gemm yells," LIKE THAT!? @$$!"  When he cannot hear breathing, Gemm realizes that in his rage he may have killed his roomate.

He then kneels on one knee and screams to the heavens a long and sad story of a boy named Pete.  Stands up, feeling the shampoo bottle with his foot.  

Gemms vision is still gone and his eyes sting, cutting off his rational thinking, and Gemm seems to think that the bottle is a peice of arm.  He then quickly grabs every peice of material on the floor, each representing a body part, opens the nearest closet and throws it all in.  Then he runs outside yelling for help, smacks into a wall, and falls on the floor uncontious.

Hours later he wakes up, goes inside his dorm, and sees his roomate!

"MIRACLE! IT'S A JOHOSEFRICKIN' MIRACLE!"  running to his roomate and blubbering like a fool.

"Hey buudy."  His roomate says like in a c=voice which sounds like Mr. T," I dunno why you threw all this crap in my closet, but I pity the fool who does it again, understand?"  His roomate says, acting tough.

Gemm mutters, crys a little and calls the doctor for his eyes.  His roomate continues to clean out the closet, gets bored of it, and throws it all into Gemms closet, missing the shampoo.
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke