Author Topic: Deep Throat  (Read 6847 times)

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
Re: Deep Throat
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2005, 01:14:48 AM »
I just realised - thanks to this thread and the poll, naked fairies are now the least of our concerns.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2005, 02:48:07 AM »
*snicker*
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Oseleon

• Level 8
  • Wie Fieles Russlander Fur Ein Panzer Halten?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2005, 11:39:51 AM »
Let me pull some infor about that Pat Buchanan comment.  So we KNOW What we are talking about.  This is from another board I frequent

But to Bob and Carl and Ben and Sally, Felt is a "hero," a real Medal of Freedom man. And to them, perhaps, he is. For in the 1970s, a hero was any turncoat who would sink teeth into a president who was ending with honor a war into which the Liberal Establishment had plunged this country, and then cut and run when the body bags started coming home and their Ivy League kids started calling them names.

From the time Nixon nailed Golden Boy Alger Hiss as a Soviet spy and ran over all the liberal icons from Helen Gahagan Douglas to Adlai Stevenson, Nixon was the great hate object of the Left, second only to Tailgunner Joe.

In 1960, they thought they buried him in Cook County, when the graveyard wards came in for JFK. They thought they had the casket sealed when he held that "last press conference" after his defeat for governor of California.

But after 1964, Nixon led his party back to victory after victory, culminating in the 49-state landslide of 1972 over the antiwar movement propagandized by the Post. By 1973, all U.S. troops were home, the POWs were headed for Clark Field, every provincial capital was in Saigon's hands and Richard Nixon was at 69 percent. And the Establishment was beside itself with hatred.[/size]
69 percent favorably ratings!  And there seems to be more than a little substance to Buchanan's claim that Nixon was a leader of a populist resurgence against the institutions and policies of the moneyed Progressive elite.
And so they resolved to finish him. And by his failure to act decisively and ruthlessly to clean his campaign and White House of loyalists who had blundered and, yes, committed crimes, he became ensnared in a cover-up that would destroy his presidency. He gave them a sword, and they ran it right through him. And when he went down, Southeast Asia and everything 58,000 Americans had bled and died for went down with him.

And that is upon the conscience of us all.
The abandonment and fall of Saigon two years later was a direct consequence of Nixon's forced resignation.  Such a victory for the enemies of the USA would have been inconceivable if Nixon were in office in 1975.  No Boat  People, no Gulags, no Cambodian Genocide.  Perhaps that's why Amnesty International and such much of the Progressive/Left feel compelled obsessively to smear the American Military and a later successful Republican war President with false charges of "Gulag" "100,000 dead" in the Iraqi liberation and (what is it now?) 250,000 civilian dead in Falluja?  (if we are to believe some leftist numbers)

Here below, I think Buchanan makes two very important points:
When you look back at it, what was Watergate all about? A black bag job at Larry O'Brien's place like the ones "hero" Felt used to run for Hoover. Liddy and Hunt on an escapade to get Daniel Ellsberg's file from his shrink, which probably would have been too heavy to carry anyway. And, oh yes, 200 pizzas  Segretti sent with those 30 African ambassadors in native costume to Ed Muskie's D.C. fund-raiser.

Not one miscreancy committed by Nixon's men did not have its antecedent in the White Houses of JFK or LBJ. But they got away with it, including the distribution to the press of dirt on Dr. King, picked up by secret FBI photo and wiretap. What Segretti dirty trick remotely approaches that one, which the liberal press covered up?
http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=7653

Liddy elsewhere makes another point:
LIDDY: Well, it's true. I was serving time for my role in the break-in, but the irony is that The Post, which should know by this time what Watergate was all about, still has not published and told the American people what it was all about. And all the facts are in the files of the United States district court in Baltimore, Maryland. This was an operation that was spying on a call-girl ring.

WALLACE: You know, I don't want to go too far down this line. You've in fact...

LIDDY: I know you don't want to.

WALLACE: Well, because you've been sued by a...

LIDDY: And I have won.

WALLACE: Well, you didn't win. It was...

LIDDY: Yes, I did win.

(CROSSTALK)

WALLACE: In any case, you know, it's sort of inside baseball, and we're never going to know...

LIDDY: No, no, no, no. Oh, we are going to know. No.

We do know. It's just that we refuse -- "we" being the, you know, mainstream media -- we refuse to tell the American people.

What is Liddy talking about?  Larry O'Brien was Chairman of the DNC, Howard Dean's job today.  The target of the break-in was the desk of Larry O'Brien's secretary.  In that desk was maintained records of a prostitution ring, run for the DNC for the benefit (and later blackmail) of visiting big money Democratic Party campaign donors.  John Dean's girl friend and (soon thereafter) wife was implicated in that ring as a call girl.

So basicly....  There is still to Watergate than we realize
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 11:42:00 AM by D66 »
Alles!!!

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2005, 11:56:25 AM »
Oh man, are we back to actual history?  I always did poorly in history.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2005, 11:59:52 AM »
and nixon didn't announce this at the time because.....

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2005, 12:22:26 PM »
Oh man, are we back to actual history?  I always did poorly in history.

No, apparently not.  We're back to questionable history, quoted from a forum, and the only citations being a partisan website (and quotes from a convicted felon).  There was also a beautiful little drop of monocausationalism: (The abandonment of Saigon...was a direct consequence...)

Oseleon, answer this please: liberal agenda or not, hypocrisy or not, do you approve of the president commiting crimes?
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Oseleon

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2005, 11:34:02 AM »
No I do not approve

I have a question in return

Do you approve of one President getting nailed for a crime whil others who did the same get by without any notice?
Alles!!!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2005, 11:39:43 AM »
I, personally, think that any president who is breaking the law, or permitting the violation of a law, in order to manipulate the results of an election should be punished for it.

If we honestly want to hold a president accountable for a crime, than anyone else who commits that crime, president or no, should be punished as well.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2005, 02:38:02 PM »
I thought this article was pretty interesting: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8101512/site/newsweek/

Kind of reminded me of Jon Stewart's big tirade about how partisan media is destroying America.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mustard in Denver

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2005, 03:24:40 PM »
Sorry I'm slow.  I'm out of town, without much internet access.

No, I don't approve of one get nailed while another goes free, but where does the problem lie?  Should we complain about the one who gets nailed, or the one who doesn't?  From the sound of it, you seem to be saying that it's the liberals who are to blame, because they crucified Nixon.  Why not blame the people who didn't take the same action with LBJ or Kennedy?

Any way you look at it, what Nixon (and his cronies) did was a crime.  Just because other crimes aren't prosecuted doesn't mean we shouldn't prosecute any.

Oseleon

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2005, 11:00:21 AM »
I thought this article was pretty interesting: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8101512/site/newsweek/

Kind of reminded me of Jon Stewart's big tirade about how partisan media is destroying America.

Yep, and Newsweek has shown itself to be MORE Partisan than any other MSM out there.

Remember "Newsweek Lied and People Died"
Every single person killed in the Riots over the Gitmo lies is the fault of Newsweek.  They have alot of blood on their hands.  Alot of blood.  

Want more examples of Newsweek's abandonment of objective Journalism?
Look at the diffrent covers from around the World for the week of February 2nd
First Japan

Translation: The red text at the left just above the “Newsweek” logo says:

“America forsaken.”

The big white and yellow text says:

“The Day America Died — The ideal of ‘freedom’ falls to the ground due to Bush continuing in office.”

Now The International English edition

But is Newszweek brave enough to tell the US what it is saying to the world?  Or are they gonna mislead us so we are not even aware of their anti-American Smear Campaign?  
Anyone care to guess the cover of the US edition the SAME week as the 2 above..

Drum roll

Oscar Confidential!   No Polotics, No Flags in Trashcans and accusations of Presidential failure.  Just Vapid mindless entertainment chat.  
Wonder where the world gets it's image of Americans as dumb lazy and shallow?  OUR Publications GIVE them that image.
Alles!!!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2005, 11:16:26 AM »
well, that starts an entirely new argument about art copying life or life copying art.

I've never thought of Newsweek as a particularly revealing or objective outlet. But it seems to me they're playing more to what the people already feel more than putting out a political idea.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2005, 04:15:03 PM »
Just to throw Oseleon's comments back into the mix, here's a nifty article by Ben Stein (who, admittedly, isn't exactly the most unbiased source on this subject....)

http://www.spectator.org/util/print.asp?art_id=8242
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 04:27:25 PM by EUOL »
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2005, 04:19:59 PM »
Where's the article? Did you forget a link?
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2005, 04:27:40 PM »
I did indeed.  But, it's up now.  Sorry!
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch