Author Topic: Mistaken Identity  (Read 1267 times)

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
Mistaken Identity
« on: January 07, 2005, 03:47:30 AM »
So about two years ago I got a random mass email from some nice people named tim and shawn smith.  They sent out this nice email about how they moved and gave their new address and phone number and some nice pictures of their new house.

Apparently, from the address line, this was supposed to go to a Michele Kauffman, whose email address is similar to mine.  I shot back a nice email to them letting them know that they'd gotten Michele's email address wrong, and apart from some other mass replies from their friends, that was that.  About 6 months later I got a few more emails from these people, sent another email, they stopped.

So it's been over a year now, and I get this:

Hi girls-
I spoke with Heidi earlier today.  For some reason, my email occasionally does not work.  Just wanted to reconnect as I'm thinking, in particular, about those families who must be enjoying their babies this season.
May your New Years continue the rich blessings these little ones have started!

love,
Shawn

p.s. Any word yet on Peters babe?

So.  Since they obviously can't remember Michele's email, what should I write to them this time?

(Also - if anyone can find me the link in yahoo to search the yahoo directory, maybe I can find Michele's email and forward it to her....)
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
Re: Mistaken Identity
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 06:25:34 AM »
lol... I would just forward it back to the sender, nothing else.

Yeah, and to be honest, I probably wouldn't do anything.  But if you honestly care, the most I would do is forward it back to sender.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 06:26:22 AM by Eagle_Prince »
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 11:02:31 AM »
I think you ought to just reply, and talk about how you don't have children, and your Christmas sucked because of it, and thanks for bringing up a painful subject.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 12:31:56 PM »
I think you should take on the persona of Michele and reveal some disturbing personal problems of the kind that would have serious repercussions on the rest of her family.  I bet that would stir the pot enough to get them to go to the effort of correcting her email address across the board.

For instance she could be a drug-addicted sexual predator who has slept with most of her brothers-in-law at one point or another and is worried that she might have given them AIDS, since she just found out she got it from one of her drug buddies a couple of years ago.  She is in fact so distraught that she is willing to bring such things into the open.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 04:55:35 PM »
...or something less severe.  And more believable.  Like - anything else.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 05:38:41 PM »
I have been accused of having a sick and twisted imagination, but Skar took the cake with that one.  Congrats man.  An excellent way to destroy old friendships or correct the problem of a faulty email address.
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 05:39:27 PM »
Ya, you know a little tact might be better here.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 06:36:56 PM »
or something less severe.  And more believable.  Like - anything else.

It's totally believable if you present it right.  

And as for the tact, Hah!  She already tried tact and it didn't work.  Time for the big guns now!
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 06:52:44 PM »
The obvious solution, of course, is just to delete it.  Or block the address as spam.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2005, 06:59:12 PM »
I don't know who you are, but my name is Megan, not Michelle and I would appreciate it if you would take me off your email list.

Thank you,

MEGAN Kauffman

Would that work?
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2005, 07:13:30 PM »
No they must suffer for the heinous crime of not balancing their address book often enough.

SUFFER!

-Fellfrosch

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2005, 11:55:49 PM »
MoD, (and everyone else), I was really going for more of an email that would make them think I was a clever, witty, and good-natured person.  Perhaps writing an email about how Michele had been eaten by a land shark and this was her older sister writing back to give the sad news.

Skar's is very tempting though.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2005, 09:48:54 AM »
Well anything with a landshark sounds good to me.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2005, 12:26:26 PM »
Hum... despite being a mormon, it seems Skar is similar in outlook to the ex-british army guy I know. Seems like a certain mentality is applied when lethal training is given :P

/me waits for skar to try killing people with emails
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2005, 11:26:58 PM »
Sorry Fuzzy, I'm not really good at clever or witty. Good luck though. I'd love to know what you do end up writing to them.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy