Local Authors > Stephanie Fowers

Conspiracy Theories

<< < (2/6) > >>

Fellfrosch:
If you do a Provo conspiracy book, make sure to talk about Rex E. Lee's brain kept alive in the top of the life science building.

Spriggan:
There's also the catacombs beneath the BYU Football Stadium where millions in art, fossils and artifacts are kept.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
I'll bet Leonardo da Vinci knew all about the Provo conspiracies and coded references to them in his artwork.

Eric James Stone:
I swear the following is true, because it happened to me.

For a church history class at BYU, I did a report on the Urim and Thummim.  One of the sources I used was Lucy Mack Smith's history, in which she described something Joseph had told her about the Urim and Thummim.  (It's been a few years, so I don't recall exactly what it was.)  I had to access that book through the BYU Library's rare books collection, which meant I couldn't take it from the room.

Anyway, after I had finished the research and was writing the paper, I decided I needed to double-check something in that book.  So I went back to the rare books collection and requested the book.  I was given a different edition of the book -- and the passage about the Urim and Thummim was missing.

Obviously, there was a conspiracy to keep me from writing that paper, but I bravely wrote it anyway.

Nessa:

--- Quote ---There's also the catacombs beneath the BYU Football Stadium where millions in art, fossils and artifacts are kept.
--- End quote ---

Um, I thought the fossils were kept in a locked shed under the west bleachers? That's where I saw them, anyway. The coolest assortment of fossils is the back room of the dinosaur museum (across from the stadium), where literally shelves and shelves of cool stuff are sorted and prepped to be cleaned.

--- Quote ---Tell me about the pipes!
--- End quote ---

OK, you're walking on campus in the winter, snow everywhere, but there are parts of the sidewalks and lawn that are melted away? That's where the underground pipes run. There are access points all throughout campus, but the easiest one for me to get to was the one under the Eyring Science Center because it was easy to see when they were gutting it during rennovation (this was in '96, I believe).  The tunnels themselves aren't very big. I'm 5'9" and I had to crouch a little to walk in them. The pipes in the tunnels are about 3' in diameter and run criss-cross across campus. You can walk from the Crabtree to the Fieldhouse in them--but the police officers didn't recommend it because you could run into a patch of the tunnels where the air was really low and you could pass out. But one of the other security officers made it his goal to walk all the tunnels and he did. It just wasn't something I was interested in. They were dirty, dark and creepy.

--- Quote ---If you do a Provo conspiracy book, make sure to talk about Rex E. Lee's brain kept alive in the top of the life science building.
--- End quote ---

You mean the top floor of the Kimball Tower. That's where they have the animal labs. You can't get to it via the elevators, you have to have a key. Seriously. Been there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version