Author Topic: Grumpy things go here  (Read 30048 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Grumpy things go here
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2005, 09:21:21 AM »
I feel stoned and all I did is make my morning 2 hour walk up from Rosslyn. I'm not sure which direction is which. I hate this. This is why I don't do drugs.

Melonade

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JP's Filthy Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2005, 12:13:47 AM »
That futher reiterates my hypothesis that exercise is bad for you.  Cos you see, I DO do drugs (the legal kind)...my gosh...it makes me grumpy that I can't survive in society without them...and even with them...it's a joke.
Ask yourself :"Why am i stabbing the cat with a hair dryer"

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2005, 09:47:13 AM »
I concur. Everytime I hear someone talk about how good exercise makes them feel I think to how I feel after a workout, or after seeing someone running. Complete and utter exhaustion, inability to communicate, sometimes even to stand.

This feels "good?" Some new definition of the work "good" I've not heard before then.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2005, 10:38:31 AM »
I also agree, exercise is exhausting.

I'm also grumpy that my little mini-mouse has stopped working, forcing me to use my computer's touch pad.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2005, 01:46:29 PM »
Boards were tough and I'll not know how I did for two months :(
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 01:46:53 PM by Mr_Pleasington »

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2005, 05:06:44 PM »
I'm grumpy because banks hold stupid hours and I don't understand why.

Melonade

• Level 3
  • JP's Filthy Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2005, 11:10:57 AM »
Yeah, I don't understand that either.

Mouse boards...I don't know how I survived without a mouse...I really don't.  I used to be fine with the board...then I got a little tiny mouse (it's pretty and blue), only it's hard to do anything that requires precision because it's got a weird sensitivity and it will jump to the opposite side of the screen for no reason...and it's so small!  Even for me!  And that's saying a lot.
Ask yourself :"Why am i stabbing the cat with a hair dryer"

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2005, 11:18:51 AM »
you can adjust the mouse speed in windows, maybe that will un-grump you.

This is also why I love my wacom with all of my body. Much easier to be precise.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2005, 11:34:52 AM »
wow, I didn't know you had a wacom!
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2005, 09:09:05 PM »
Yeah, you'll need to upload the pictures that are produced from you loving your wacom with all your body. You could call it a kind of post-structulist art.

I'm grumpy because my neurons aren't firing and because Melonade said she's be on again later last night and wasn't.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2005, 09:48:55 AM »
If i ever meet someone who codes spyware, adware, or malware, I'm seriously going to knife them in the face before I kick them in the crotch repeatedly with spike-toed boots.

Rican

• Level 5
  • What the hell am I?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2005, 10:28:22 PM »
I Hate road constrution and how stupied it makes people drive.  If you known that a two lane road is going to be one lane and are given plenty of warrning don't drive like a bat out of hell down the lane that is going to be closed expecting me to get over and let you in my lane cause I like the rest of the people behind me had the idea to get over and wait my turn and not cut infront of me.  And if you try to nug your way into my lane fine go ahead but if you hit my car I will sue you and take you all for what you are worth.  

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2005, 10:51:14 PM »
I hate those guys.

i'm really grumpy because:
my computer sucks. We've been over that. Everything about my computer is insufficient except maybe a couple of the software packages
my ISP sucks. Ok, yeah, you get what you pay for. But how come if I can't use my email client to read Juno mail, I can't use ANY SMTP server on the planet at all? You don't want me to send mail? Ok, officially, juno bites. It may be free, but pay for something. ANYTHING, rather than use it.
ANd now the M-Machine is dying. About a year and a half ago we thought the M-Machine was going the way of the ghost when the left speaker inexplicably started popping and I couldn't fix it. I still kept it, because, frankly, the M-Machine is so cool you can store a side of beef in it. I used it as a platform to make the bottom of my CD tower more accessible. Anyway, on a whim, I tried it again about 6-8 months ago, and it worked! Hooray!
The other day the pops started again. Now the left speaker is very, very dim. If you put the balance all to the left and turn the volume to 100 (normally 7-11 is a very comfortable listening range, and often too loud if the kids are asleep) you can faintly hear it behind a bunch of white noise -- white noise not audible till the volume gets to 50 or so. This is only if you're using the "Aux" mode, y'know, so I can run my mp3s through it or my CD player. In tape mode, there is a plethora of EMI and tons of pops. Annoying. In radio mode, it appears to work fine. No fricking clue.
Seriously, Jeffe will attest, as will anyone else who has seen it. The M-Machine rocks the casbah. i'm seriously, seriously asking for donations, a buck here or there, to my paypal (benreilly AT myrealbox DOT com) so I can fund the service. I've ruled out the power supply and the wiring. But I want this fixed. The world needs the M-Machine to go on living. (I'll post pictures of the M-Machine as soon as se.com starts workign again).

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2005, 07:47:25 PM »
I'm grumpy because I have hit busy-body mode when I really should be sleeping. I've only slept a couple hours in the past 48 hours so I really should be sleeping, but no I just keep working on stupid stuff.

This is one of those times when I wish the world would just blink out of existance for a couple of hours so that I can sleep.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2005, 05:26:36 PM »
I'm grumpy because I haven't seen Ep III yet and I don't know when I'll have the time to do so.