Author Topic: Business Plan Help  (Read 1120 times)

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Business Plan Help
« on: August 02, 2005, 02:55:03 AM »
So I've just spent the last week hiding in doors and writing my first business plan for the practice I'm going to purchase.  I think, overall, it's pretty solid...especially for a guy who has nothing but practical training in business and finances.

So I'm hoping to have it in final form by the end of the week.  Trouble is, there is a number that seems completely out of whack and I can't figure out how.  I'm also trying to get as many eyes on it as I can in order to make it as good as possible.  

Do any TWGers have any business/finance/banking expertise that could help me out here?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Business Plan Help
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 03:13:30 AM »
Well Entropy use to study Economics, but I don't know anyone else with interest in stuff like this.  EUOL does have to run his own business as a writer.  I don't know much about this stuff either but I can add, subtract and pretend to multiply if you want some help checking numbers.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 03:23:44 AM »
My Dad is a CPA who runs a business on the side that incorporates other businesses.

What do you need help with?
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 04:10:03 AM »
The Lost One who occassionally comes to the boards has a B.A. in Economics and is starting a post-J.D. in tax law. I also have a brother who has an MBA.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 10:25:39 AM »
It will be until the weekend, but my dad used to be on the main board of the UK's largest transport (buses, trains etc) company. I could ask him to look for you.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 02:21:02 PM »
The thing I need help with involves the calculation of "pre-tax return on net worth" in the main ratios.  I had software do all the calculations for me and it seems to be way, way off and I can't figure out whey since the numbers it is calculated from are fine.  I'm checking on the formula right now.

Besides that, I just need a few more eyes to look it over and try to spot any weaknesses.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 02:00:23 AM »
That sounds like the sort of thing my dad gets paid to do . . . I don't know that he'd be willing to do it for free for a stranger.  =/
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 02:21:54 AM »
No problem, it's all squared away now.  I've already presented it to the first bank, second presentation is tomorrow.  So far it's a hit!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 03:31:38 AM »
Good to hear it.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 02:42:03 PM »
Second bank interview was today.  Didn't go as well as the first because there were some numbers they still needed to have that I couldn't get.  They really didn't give me a chance to 'sell' the concept either.  Still, it was a positive meeting.

I'll should start getting feedback next week!