Author Topic: Name That Fish  (Read 4936 times)

Melonade

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JP's Filthy Assistant
    • View Profile
Re: Name That Fish
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2005, 09:29:07 AM »
I've found that naming your pet after an rpg character will increase it's chances of survival.

We called the first cat PC, the second cat Selphie (^_^) and the third one Rory.  PC died cos she was old, and Rory, who was super cute and lovely and young...died cos she was too stupid.  Only Selphie still goes on strong :)

So maybe you could call your new fish Leviathan...yes, I know it has foundations in mythology, but it's also a Final Fantasy thing, so like, if you call it that, it should live forever.

Besides, I've always thought it would be cool to call a fish Leviathan...I rekcon if it could recognise that it had a name and could remember...it would get a super big ego XP
Ask yourself :"Why am i stabbing the cat with a hair dryer"

Jelly_Belly

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Jelly Belly's blog
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2005, 11:54:59 AM »

Sidenote: What really disturbs me is that now I am no longer fishless!  I'll have to rename *me* too!   

I was really totally confused when I read this thread until I figured out that your name used to be fishless. Man, would people stop changing their names around here? I get so confused when someone new just shows up everywhere and it takes a second to realize who they are (esp Gemm, cause I haven't been able to see his avatar lately--it's just been a red x and so it really took a second to realize he changed his name).

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2005, 05:12:23 PM »
No no, I didn't change my name.  Fishless was my secret identity during the doorbell ditching thing.  I told you that story, didn't I?
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Jelly_Belly

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Jelly Belly's blog
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2005, 05:21:07 PM »
Only the peripherals of what happened--no details (although when I push to reply and it shows the Topic Summary, it says you posted last December as Merry Fishless).

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2005, 05:27:08 PM »
Yeah.  That was my holiday name.   ;D
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes