Author Topic: Next Wednesday's Game  (Read 21878 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Next Wednesday's Game
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2005, 02:18:11 PM »
Yeah, I can pick you up. The games start at 6?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »
Yeah, it starts at 6, although often they don't get around to really starting until 6:15.  But if enough people are there right at 6 then they'll go right ahead.

And thanks - I appreciate it.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2005, 04:57:45 PM »
You just have to promise not to specifically design a team to destroy my X-Men. Assuming I go with that idea--I'm still not sure.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2005, 05:25:47 PM »
I won't design a team to specifically destroy X-Men...I'll just design a team to destroy in a general fashion.

I've thought about the teams that I build, and found that I tend to favor mid-size figs (60-90 points) and ranged figs.  One of my favorites is experienced Ultimates Cap: 89 points and powers abilities that allow for a variety of strategies.  Also nice: Vet Punisher, E or V Ultimates Hawkeye, V Deadpool, E Bishop, E Rasputin.

Maybe this time I'll do something completely different just for kicks...mmaybe mMystics...

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2005, 07:32:35 PM »
I'll be there and you'll never guess my team....well actualy you probaly will, but it'll be fun none the less.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2005, 11:06:36 PM »
I'm going to guess that you play a Batman Enemy team, and then spend the whole time talking about how you could have used KC Superman but didn't want to just kill everyone.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2005, 11:26:32 PM »
Heh, yep pretty much.  Though I'll try not to rant about KC superman.  But where's the fun in makeing a 300 point team where one figure takes up about 75% of the points and could kill most of the other peoples figures in one hit, especialy if I use Rip it up, wow that would be a realy butt kicking Superman.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2005, 11:27:31 PM »
I predict that El'Spriggo will lose.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2005, 11:35:22 PM »
KC Superman isn't a gaurnteed win, though I would probaly tear through the 13 year olds like...Well superman through henchmen.  Fell could probaly beat me with that combo and so could Kije provideing a good team build.

Of course you've never seen my Joker team build.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2005, 11:53:56 AM »
Wait til you see my lame-o 300 point X-Men team. They don't get very good until 400, and you want 5 or 600 to erally get the engine running.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2005, 02:36:14 PM »
My team is using two figs I've never used before.  And in another departure, it's mostly villain.  And I'm only using one mid-size utility fig.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2005, 04:28:32 PM »
So with the addition of Ares, is KC Superman dethroned as the toughest fig around?  His attack and defense start one point higher, he starts with outwit, and imo Mystics is a better team ability than KC.

KC Supes has got him with flight, charge, and HSS, and his range is better.  I don't know...I guess you couldn't say for sure until Ares' whole dial is revealed.  

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2005, 10:00:12 PM »
YOu've also got KC GreenLantren to add to the mix.  He's got the highest defecnce in the game (at 21) and good ranged.

We're going to have to try some one-on-one battles here.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2005, 04:35:06 AM »
Well we'll see how my team goes, I'm trying something new here and it's costing me extra points.  'Course I could change my mind by 6pm tonight.

I think I like drafts better becsaue I don't have to sort through lots of figures and am forced to build a better team.  For example, I realy want to use my V Scarecrow in my team, he's got dubble range with incompacitate as well as MC, but I've allready got 2 support peices and I can't have a 3rd (especialy at 65 pts).  That would only give me about 40 pts for a damage dealer and the best I could get with that would be a B/C/F character (like R cheetah).

I guess the biggest problem I have with games like this (includeing Magic) is that there are so many choices I usealy tend to stick to the same things, which are usealy the first few builds I ever tried.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2005, 11:26:52 AM »
That's why I'm intentionally trying something I've never tried before this time around.  I'll probably fall flat on my face, so to speak, but it could be fun.