Author Topic: Geek Girls Guide to Telling Yourself Stories  (Read 4006 times)

blcdrayco

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Oops.  Well, who needs Asia anyways, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Geek Girls Guide to Telling Yourself Stories
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 01:06:28 AM »
Hey, Fish- you may think "Life sucks and then you die" better then "think positive and all will be well", but you have to remember the second bit- "Its the afeter life thats worth living for".
It does not matter if you are the emperor of man- If your wife is angry, you sleep on the couch.

askreet

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Useless Webpage
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 08:14:22 PM »
After reading Fish's story I'm quite certain she has no intent on hoping for the afterlife.

Anyway, well written! Definatly and inspiration to anyone, not strickly geek girls alone.
"Open any door, or use 5 Combat Dice on any monster within line of sight."

Uhm, duh.

Aen Elderberry

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 06:50:26 PM »
I just read this gem.  Thanks, MsFish.  I really like the way this is all put together.

When you called last night it's a good thing I didn't tell you  the story I was telling about myself or I'd have been in trouble.

And your comment that "positive thinking simply isn't enough"  reminded me of the Stockdale paradox.  And it's always good for me to get a reminder.

http://www.jimcollins.com/lab/brutalFacts/index.html

"Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties.
     AND at the same time
Confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be. "
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore

"It is important to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated." - Albus Dumbledore