Games > Role-Playing Games

Setting Ideas Contest

<< < (6/7) > >>

Fellfrosch:
What's the link?

And I'm not so sure it's a good thing. If I remember correctly, we never signed away creative ownership of these ideas--we just promised to do so if we won and Wizards paid us. If I'm not getting paid for my settings, I'd rather save them and use them for future novels. I suppose this doesn't prevent me from doing so, but I think it's pretty under-handed.

Mr_Pleasington:
I don't think Morrus at ENworld is trying to be underhanded...most people just submitted their homebrew worlds and were never going to do anything else with them.  I think the database is a good idea and the contest  is alright.  

If you're planning on using your setting commecially, though, then putting it up for public display would indeed be a bad idea.

ENworld is at http://www.enworld.org

IMO, it's the best 3E/d20 site on the net.  

Slant:
Did anybody here ever find out the names or ideas of any of the winners?  Did they finally get a single winner?  I haven't heard anything on the topic for the longest time.

Mr_Pleasington:
They've narrowed it down to the 3 (?) finalists.  Each has to submit a 100 page treatment on their world and I don't think they've hit the due date for that yet.

A lot of the ones who got eliminated in the last round shared a common theme of a "golden age"

Should be interesting to see what wins.  Well, hopefully it will be interesting to see what wins!

Spriggan:
actualy they narrowed it down to 4.  they decided to add one more.  this happened about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  Now they have to write a 100pg manual describing the world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version