Author Topic: Taking the Plunge  (Read 3088 times)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
Re: Taking the Plunge
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 09:50:34 PM »
It's a lot bigger now that it's moved across the street.  As for the nerd factor...well...no comment.  

No, seriously, I've actually made some amazing friends there.  

Are you in Utah Valley, FMP?  I can't remember if you live out here or not.  If so, I recommend the keep.  I could even ask around for you to see if anyone has a game they'd let you join.

Edit:  I see that you are in fact a Utahn.  The offer stands, if your parents are cool with it.

Edit #2: If the keep is the one you don't like, there's also Games People Play in University Mall, and Game Den down at Provo Town Center.  But they're not as cool.  
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:54:49 PM by MsFish »
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 09:35:23 AM »
does DK still look like a castle cellar? Or is it clean and well-lit? Also, if I walk in to look at Venom comics am I going to be forced to listen to two large, unbathed employees yell at each other about Vulcan culture (this is not an exaggeration, the were both very overweight, very smelly, and had raised voices on exactly on this topic)? Finally, will I be mocked for not knowing some trivia or not having the views of the employee (something that also really happened to me there -- I hated TA Computers for exactly this reason, and the only reason Dragon's Keep still got any of my business at all was the extreme lack of alternatives).

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 10:31:03 AM »
DK has gotten new management and a new store in the last year or so. It's now well lit, it has sort of a show case area in the front  of the store, and has these cool cubby holes where they have little miniture battle vignettes.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 10:41:57 AM »
wow! Sounds good then. Maybe I'll drop in next time I'm in the neighborhood (August-ish, likely)

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2006, 04:18:58 AM »
It's a lot bigger now that it's moved across the street.  As for the nerd factor...well...no comment.  

No, seriously, I've actually made some amazing friends there.  

Are you in Utah Valley, FMP?  I can't remember if you live out here or not.  If so, I recommend the keep.  I could even ask around for you to see if anyone has a game they'd let you join.

Edit:  I see that you are in fact a Utahn.  The offer stands, if your parents are cool with it.

Edit #2: If the keep is the one you don't like, there's also Games People Play in University Mall, and Game Den down at Provo Town Center.  But they're not as cool.  

I'll have to ask my mom, but if she's cool with it then that would be great.

Coincidentally Games People Play happens to be the one I don't like, but some of that is attributed to the fact that they kept moving around until about a year ago.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

blcdrayco

• Level 4
  • Oops.  Well, who needs Asia anyways, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2006, 12:32:49 PM »
If you want, dixon middle school has an RPG club that provides an inviting enviroment to learn new systems in.  It also provides a great example of how to DM decently (Mr Lockwood) and players who you can practice DMimg on who wont care if you screw up (the middle schoolers)
It does not matter if you are the emperor of man- If your wife is angry, you sleep on the couch.

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2006, 01:12:14 PM »
I liked DK's castle dungeon look. But I like the new place, too.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder