Author Topic: HC rules discussions  (Read 1437 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
HC rules discussions
« on: March 29, 2005, 08:41:36 AM »
Remeber back when we were discussing weither or not Team Abilites were Outwitable?  I said they were and you 2 (Fell, Kije) said they weren't?  Turns out we were both right.

Any team ability that says it grant you another power, like Crime syndicate, are outwitable since their TA's grant you a regulary power that is outwitable.

Members of this team have Probability Control

So both Syndicates and Superman Enimes TA's can be outwitted.

Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: HC rules discussions
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 11:49:37 AM »
Yeah, I remember seeing that recently. Interesting.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 06:33:32 AM »
Am writeing up the Legacy Feat card articles and have discovered In Contact with Oracle isn't all that hot.  To use any of her powers on her dial you have to assign a power token to the figure useing it and only one figure can be "in contact" at any given time.  So, for example, agent A is using Outwit (and getting an activation token to do so) and then agent B  Perplexs (and getting an activation token to do so) agent A looses Outwit and the effected unit gets the outwitted power back.  It's the same if agent B would be using Outwit in place of Perplex.  As it was worded in the WK forum" Look at it this way. The agent is being given a power action to turn the dial, even if he's turning it to the same place. Whether you actually turn it or not is irrelevant,  the power action is given."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 06:40:52 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 11:51:13 AM »
Yeah, that's how I understood it to be. I still think it's a great feat, but it's almost certainly better when you're not actually using Oracle--the stat boost is a better deal for the price than the extra powers are.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 11:52:48 AM »
you still get the +1 even if you've got oracle from my understanding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 11:56:17 AM »
Yes, which is still nice. The difference is, do you pay 20 extra points to give two of your figures a perpetual self-Perplex, or do you pay 47 extra points to give two of them Perplex and one of them Outwit? In some cases that Outwit would come in very handy, but I don't know if it's worth 27 points.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 05:02:39 AM »
So there's going to be a new, or a revert to old rules, rule change in Icons (actualy there are probaly more then one) that deals with based flyers.

Fliers will no longer be able to attack a non-adjacent fig if they have an opposing fig adjacent.